X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Kilt Night in Vancouver/Portland area?

Okay. Last year I tried to get a Kilt Night going here in Battle Ground. I know there are a couple of kilties here but maybe they're not Xmarkers. Rick Y and his wife, and my wife and I had a great time, but two couples do not a kilt night make. Maybe it was the night, maybe it was the location. Rick and I would like to see this develop, so give us your feed back. What night works? So do you have a favorite PUB? Let's get some dialogue going? For the first time EVER Vancouver has enough PUBs in close enough proximity that we could really do a crawl from PUB to PUB. I'm not very good, but I would even brave the bad reviews and bring my pipes (if one of you is a better piper I'll happily differ to you). What say you?

Jamie
    Quondo Omni Flunkus Moritati

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bikercelt1 View Post
    Okay. Last year I tried to get a Kilt Night going here in Battle Ground. I know there are a couple of kilties here but maybe they're not Xmarkers. Rick Y and his wife, and my wife and I had a great time, but two couples do not a kilt night make. Maybe it was the night, maybe it was the location. Rick and I would like to see this develop, so give us your feed back. What night works? So do you have a favorite PUB? Let's get some dialogue going? For the first time EVER Vancouver has enough PUBs in close enough proximity that we could really do a crawl from PUB to PUB. I'm not very good, but I would even brave the bad reviews and bring my pipes (if one of you is a better piper I'll happily differ to you). What say you?

Jamie
    Hawk and I were behind the kilt night that ran for a bit at Horse Brass over in PDX. I never had the time to get out and really promote it, so after a year or so it died off. The location was okay, but I'm sure somewhere else would have been a cooler spot for a bunch of kilties. Anyway, I'd totally be up for a pub crawl in the 'couve. You may have already thought of this, but I think Uptown Village would be the spot. There's Trap Door, Thirsty Sasquatch, and Doomsday all close together, and Heathen is a short walk south. I think there are, what, three or four more in downtown proper?

And what's this? Bagpipes, you say? I play tupan (a Balkan bass drum) and I've been dying to find a piper to play with. Maybe we should have a chat?
    Cheers!
    Bob

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ratspike View Post
    I think Uptown Village would be the spot. There's Trap Door, Thirsty Sasquatch, and Doomsday all close together, and Heathen is a short walk south. I think there are, what, three or four more in downtown proper?

And what's this? Bagpipes, you say? I play tupan (a Balkan bass drum) and I've been dying to find a piper to play with. Maybe we should have a chat?
    We're blessed with a number of potential places, now we just have to get the participants.

I had to quit playing for a while and it's an up hill battle getting my chops back, especially since I was just a "recreational" player to begin with. I'm up for the challenge though and pipes and a big drum make a great combination. We'll have to see what we can come up with.

Jamie
    Quondo Omni Flunkus Moritati