Assuming and registering armorial bearings in North America can be quite interesting. Presently, the United States Heraldic Registry (USHR) appears dormant (perhaps do to an existing backlog, and because it's a one man operation), The American College of Heraldry is fine, for a hefty fee, but I believe is also a one man show (please correct me if I am wrong), and naturally, the esteemed Committee on Heraldry, New England Heraldry Historic Genealogical Society.

I have excluded other groups or organizations, because they are either exclusive or did not last very long. The American Heraldry Society (AHS) is not technically a registry; however, members may have their arms placed on the site (the AHS changed their web presence a while back, but it seems inactive without a forum).

Recently a new registry has appeared. The Society of American Armigers (SAA) sort of follows a somewhat similar registration scheme like the USHR. I am not plugging the SAA, but I am interested in your thoughts on which direction heraldry in North America should proceed.