X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clan Home SouthEastern U.S. Contact Needed

I'm failing to establish contact with Clan Home Society ranks in the South.
    Any help is appreciated.

Victoria, BC Canada 48° 25' 47.31"N 123° 20' 4.59" W
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Standing Council of Scottish Chiefs - The Authoritative Body on the Scottish Clan System - does not list Home as a Scottish Clan.

https://www.clanchiefs.org.uk/chief/
    Steve Ashton
    Forum Owner

Inverness-shire, Scotland & British Columbia, Canada
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think David Douglas-Home is the 15th Earl Home, but he isn't a member of the Standing Council -- his choice. There is an active 'clan' association in Scotland. I seem to recall that they are planning a big something in 2018 or 2019. You could contact them to see if they know of a Home/Hume family association in the US South.

4. The Following User Says 'Aye' to ThistleDown For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you seen these contact details?

Clan Home Society
    Albert C. Eaton, PO Box 530054, Orlando, FL 32853-0054
    eaton@evcom.net

http://www.scotclans.com/scottish-cl.../home-society/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Scott View Post
    Have you seen these contact details?

Clan Home Society
    Albert C. Eaton, PO Box 530054, Orlando, FL 32853-0054
    eaton@evcom.net

http://www.scotclans.com/scottish-cl.../home-society/
    Thanks for that effort but that email got kicked back. Also no joy from the most recent Clan Home Society contacts in North Carolina. The US and Scottish associations had a big meetup a couple of years ago at the Grandfather Games but I haven't seen much intel since. I'll reach out overseas to see if they know of a solid contact. Thanks for all replies.

7. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Appalachia For This Useful Post:

"Surf City" Huntington Beach, Southern California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just purchase a Clan space at your next event! lol

If you run into a Home who knows of the contacts near your area, they can maybe help you! Either way you just put up a sign, Clan HOME you will have loads of Scots visiting and you will enjoy it. The will think it is the place to find their Clan names or something. In either case you can put up a pop up tent to keep out the sun unless they provide them, bring a table and chairs for yourself, enjoy the festival and have a place to bring your stuff to and sit.. Bring an ice chest and snacks.. You can't bring food in if you are a patron lol only clans bring their Ice Chests in most festivals. You will have it made and maybe find the past Clan Home leader at that festival with banners etc.. haha Anyway at least you will have a place to kick back and relax at the games and maybe meet other HOMES and maybe get their emails to connect at the next festival! You could be the Clan HOME next representative! haha.. The most they could do is say later nah you can't represent us! You usually get free tickets to the games with your clan space purchase usually and free parking.. Check for costs though some are expensive in the East... but some are cheap. lol Try to contact a Clan Home from another state and see if they know anything.. You just go hang out at the festival and have a HOME! And a HOME for other HOME's to hang out and bring chairs and picnic with you and share stories! Take turns watching each others HOME stuff! lol ! Keep it decent looking and good behavior I am sure you will be able to come back next year.. Keep trying to contact them! Other Clan tent conveners at that festival might be able to help you... Might know your area person who used to rep those festivals and introduce you? This is just for fun advice lol.. I hate not having a place to go to at the games and I am sure your other HOME families think the same.. Hope you find a HOME! Good luck!
    While there's leaves in the forest, and foam on the river, MacGregor Despite them will flourish forever! Sir Walter Scott