X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nebraskans and west Iowans! We need a Kilt Night.

Time for my yearly post to just let any newbies browsing by that "Yes! There are people interested in going Kilted here in the heartland." Come on guys we need to get a kilt night together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Former Husker here, now living in Amarillo, Texas. I do get back to Lincoln periodically to visit my father. There are a couple of pubs in the Haymarket. Perhaps a future kilted get-together can be arranged.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

McFarlands Pub is Gone

I'm sorry to report that Lincoln, NE's only Irish Pub is now gone. For those of us 'Scotch-Irish' types who used to kilt up & spend time there, we now have to settle for McKinney's, the Irish themed bar across the street. On the + side, however, McKinney's whiskey is cheaper.
    Clan Cumming
    "Courage!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gcummins-lugn View Post
    I'm sorry to report that Lincoln, NE's only Irish Pub is now gone. For those of us 'Scotch-Irish' types who used to kilt up & spend time there, we now have to settle for McKinney's, the Irish themed bar across the street. On the + side, however, McKinney's whiskey is cheaper.
    That's too bad. Hope we can arrange a get-together when I'm in town. I would very much enjoy a few pints with some kilted Lincoln lads.

I was there for the March for Science last spring. A fellow came up to me and asked "Is that a Stumptown kilt?" Indeed it was, and I never expected that question in Lincoln.