X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Searl View Post
    Attachment 32311 This is what House of Cheviot Mustard Yellow Rannoch kilt hose looks like with my Canadian Maple Leaf Tartan. The yellow in the Lewis style was more like just a plain yellow to my eyes. Both were very nice but the mustard yellow is more what I wanted. The the wool used in the Rannoch style seem a bit heavier than the Lewis style when I compared the two together. Both are lovely but the mustard Yellow was exactly as depicted and what I wanted
    Thank you very much Terry. They are an excellent choice, very complementary. I also must say that your sporran looks great too, thanks for sharing. I am definitely looking for a more pail yellow to go with my Gordon tartans so that is a big help.

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Moses For This Useful Post:

Terry Searl is offline Registration terminated at the member's request
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lewis Hose

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Thank you very much Terry. They are an excellent choice, very complementary. I also must say that your sporran looks great too, thanks for sharing. I am definitely looking for a more pail yellow to go with my Gordon tartans so that is a big help.
    If a more pale yellow is what you want then perhaps the House of Cheviot Lewis hose is what you are after. It was a more pale yellow than the Rannoch style mustard yellow. My sporran and belt were from L&M in Nova Scotia......made in Canada......no customs duty or exchange rate for me to consider........Delivery was about 5 or 6 weeks as they said the belt and sporran were made from matching leather and were custom made for me.......Bought through North of Hadrian's Celtic Clothing in Victoria B.C. but mailed directly to me to avoid shipping costs or me having to drive to get it. Good luck with your searches. If you do go to House of Cheviot for the hose, I know you will be very happy with the quality

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Searl View Post
    If a more pale yellow is what you want then perhaps the House of Cheviot Lewis hose is what you are after. It was a more pale yellow than the Rannoch style mustard yellow. My sporran and belt were from L&M in Nova Scotia......made in Canada......no customs duty or exchange rate for me to consider........Delivery was about 5 or 6 weeks as they said the belt and sporran were made from matching leather and were custom made for me.......Bought through North of Hadrian's Celtic Clothing in Victoria B.C. but mailed directly to me to avoid shipping costs or me having to drive to get it. Good luck with your searches. If you do go to House of Cheviot for the hose, I know you will be very happy with the quality
    I did just get my first 2 pairs of Lewis socks from them and I am very happy. But I am hoping in the next year's offerings they will have a more basic yellow. L&M with I see are a very highly regarded Sporran maker and I think it is an excellent touch that the belt is of the same matching leather - again very nice and thank you!

5. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Moses For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12