X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website Kilt Society website
The Scottish Trading Company Xmarks advertising information MacGregor and MacDuff Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Dutchy said... Iíve bought five from Rocky and the guys at USA Kilts since March of this year. My wife calls it an addiction...

SlŠinte!
    -Rob

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to IrishRebel79 For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOOHOO, the kilt will be here tomorrow! I was afraid I was going to be out of town already when it got in, but it turns out it's going to make it a day early. I'll post pictures ASAP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I frequently wear my kilt when my wife and I go out to dinner or spend the day walking in the park. My wife (who is also pretty introverted and likes to "fit in") loves it and thinks I look great in it. So I'm lucky that way.

Perhaps she feels that I'll be getting all the attention and no one will bother her. But she is very supportive (indulgent?) of my kilt wearing. I've taken her to Burns Suppers and other such events and I generally wear the kilt with my Prince Charlie for formal events (such as galas and going to the opera), so she's used to me wearing it in a variety of situations.

And it's true that you will attract a great deal of attention from the ladies when you wear your kilt. If only I had known this back in my single days...

Andrew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by lanejustin View Post
    I just bought my first custom kilt (my other two being a Utilikilt, and a cheap off the rack kilt I got at a Ren Fest). I ordered a Casual MacLean Hunting Modern, and am really excited to get it in to start wearing. I chose this particular tartan, as I am a Lane, and I figure that's pretty darn close. Also, I play Ingress, and much of my kilt wearing will be for events, where I play on the "green" team, the Enlightened. I will be using a Team pin for my kilt pin, which is not quite heavy enough, but I like the look of it. I'll try to post a picture of me in my full kit when I get it.

The one issue I've had so far is getting my wife to be "okay" with me wearing it out in public. I'd love to, but she'd prefer if I wore it to events that did not include her.
    Although its the only kilt I own at this point, I have to say I'm really impressed and I enjoy my USA Kilt a lot. I got the Menzies (Dewar too!) tartan, and it is a great addition to my wardrobe. I have the same issue you do, but all my wife does is roll her eyes.

I'm out in Cocoa, FL if you ever want to say hello.

Best to you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12