X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    "Surf City" Huntington Beach, Southern California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FossilHunter View Post
    That’s interesting as Glenarm castle is the current home of the 9th earl of Antrim, Alexander McDonnell.
    "John Greg and his clan was moved, under order of the English King James I, from their home in Glenurchy (Dysart).
    The king gave John Greg a silver-studded irory-headed cane in 1618. This was in appreciation for the move from Scotland to Ireland. John settled his people in the barony of Glenarm, County Antrim, Ireland on the northeast coast."

Yes, The Greggs helped move Clans there to Antrim, That is why he was awarded the cane from the King. That cane came to America with John Gregg son of William Gregg MacGregor II to New Castle Delaware, Quakers and the Greggs were Presbyterian, but they were also good friends of William Penn! The Gregors were rich Merchants/Barons! I think the MacDonells and Gregors were good friends! I remember reading something else on that somewhere. hmm YDNA test yet They all should check each others YDNA? lol
    Last edited by MacGrandma; 2nd March 18 at 04:54 PM.
    While there's leaves in the forest, and foam on the river, MacGregor Despite them will flourish forever! Sir Walter Scott

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12