X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Planning for Scots on parade for 2018

Not really a kilt night, but....
    Some of us have been inspired by the Alexandria Christmas Stroll and were discussing the possibility of doing something like this for Texas while at the Salado Highland Games. After tossing around a few places that we might do it (Central Texas was settled by many Scots, so we discussing doing it in Bell County, (Salado), McLennan County (Waco, McGregor) and Cameron TX in Milam County, we decided it might be easiest to co-op the Waco Christmas Parade. (I mistakenly thought this parade was led by pipers, but it turns out that is only done for the Veteran's day parade). After discussing this the parade organizers, they were excited to have the Scottish Clans in Texas wanting to participate next year, and they asked that we find some pipers to accompany us.
    If anyone knows of some pipers who would be willing to march in the Waco Christmas parade for 2018, or if you are a convener in Texas would like to march (or have others willing to march and carry your banner), let me know. We would really like to have a large turn out, as this is not in connection with any highland game or other event. That means when it is over, you can do whatever you like, some may want to pub crawl, others may want to Christmas shop at Magnolia Market (just a few blocks from the parade route) or other places near by.
    I did speak to one convener who thought we should have a tent at the parade end for folks who wanted to find their Scottish roots. We might be able to do this too if there were enough to man it.
    This is for us to show our Scottish pride, and to get together afterwards to enjoy the comrodery we have little time for at the games.
    B.D. Marshall
    Texas Convener for Clan Keith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could be in for this one
    Steve
    Clan Lamont USA
    SR VP & Central US VP