X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the number of straps is just a personal preference thing, like whether to cuff your pants or leave the bottom of the legs plain. I haven't seen anything to prove one is more "correct" than the other, although individuals may have strong opinions on which they like better.

The only reason I've been able to think of for the 3rd strap is that it might help prevent the front apron from flapping up as freely in the wind. But many folks wear a kilt pin to achieve the same goal and even in a heavy gale, there is still the back apron to prevent a complete loss of the mystery surrounding the kilt-wearers undies.

My Scotweb 5-yard kilt has 2 straps and I've never had any problems with it staying up or holding together (or revealing me in the breeze). I would not have any problem with having the other strap, but I have not felt the need to have it added, either.

I'm not sure anyone other than fellow kilt connoisseurs would even notice how many straps you are sporting. Most folks are just excited and curious to see man in a kilt.

Andrew

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to kingandrew For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris in a Kilt View Post
    My kilt is complete hand sewn here in Canada, the quality is very high, I wouldn’t call it a cheap model 😉😎.

At the time I ordered the kilt, I asked for the 3rd strap, but decided against it after the sales person told me there is no benefit in the 3rd strap.

If you think there is no real kilt without a 3rd strap than get one, it is your kilt, you have to feel good wearing it.
    I don't know where you're coming from as I never said that. I think you're looking for something that isn't there.
    American by birth, human by coincidence and earthling by mistake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macmanjim View Post
    I don't know where you're coming from as I never said that. I think you're looking for something that isn't there.
    Think you are right, thought there was some humore here, first part wasn’t sincere at all, it’s true nonetheless, but thought the smiles show the fun in it.

For the second part, it was my experience, with the straps by buying my kilt.

My opinion is, who caress how many straps you have, only thing what’s important is that you feel goid wearing your kilt.

Guess I have to lay low here for some time, don’t wanted to ofend anyone.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123