X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta say, I like the last photo the best. French cuffs - nice touch! And I think those shoes with the thinner soles do much more for proportions than the thicker ones in your first two photos.

If you don't mind my asking, where did you get the belt?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobus View Post
    Gotta say, I like the last photo the best. French cuffs - nice touch! And I think those shoes with the thinner soles do much more for proportions than the thicker ones in your first two photos.

If you don't mind my asking, where did you get the belt?
    The chunky shoes are some brown timberlands I have. I think that I was wearing them that day because my wingtips weren’t broken in yet and we’re pinching my feet a little. These days I really only wear them if I’m going to be walking around on slopes like at a Highland games. The wingtips definitely look nicer and are broken in at this point and perfectly comfortable.

One thing I don’t like from the xmas photo is the red tie on the green gingham shirt. I’d pick a different tie now. But that is my university tie which I had just acquired and wanted to wear it. But I mostly wear it with the blue shirt now.

The belt is 2” wide and purchased from bucklemybelt.com which has a fair number of options as far as buckle styles, leather color, and buckle finish. Their prices are good as well. About $32 not including shipping from the uk. The buckle on mine is solid brass and is uncoated so it can be polished. The quality seems very good for the low price.
    Last edited by FossilHunter; 6th August 18 at 08:43 PM.
    Descendant of the Gillises and MacDonalds of North Morar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12