X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Burns Supper

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only question that might help us all is..... What time?
    LOCH SLOY!
    Cheers, Wil

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be our standard start, with our standard precision. About six, with the usual stragglers and equipment and food issues. So,
    get in, meet, remind, mix, mingle, find a likely seat, sit. We'll open around seven if all is usual. Maybe a little earlier if all are in. We try to end
    a bit early to get folk home, it's a bit of a drive for some.

We still have no toast, response, or immortal memory. We do have Wil for three, Sam for three, MH and I, Scott for two, Bamamedic makes two
    and three quarter, and Lamar from forum sources. Jim has clan folk, usually five, and students and ex students, generally three or four. Scott
    may have more. Have not heard from our esteemed colleague from Birmingham; may not make it. So, a tad smaller this year than last, but I
    think my first was about 22 or 23. And really, our space is about maxed at 28 or 30. So, not bad, considering folk being out of town.

Still time for more, and for someone to volunteer. Remember, my first Address I was unknowingly volunteered to step in for a business trip
    cancellee, and I found out Thursday evening for a Friday evening go - you may have noticed little to no improvement over time, so make it better.
    Volunteer.

If someone is dithering about stepping up, remember it's now, not Burn's own time. Google and You Tube have samples and video clips to
    educate you, guide you, and help you practice. And you'll notice folk stand and read - it is not mandatory to memorize. As I have had a fair
    amount time on stage, it's generally easier for me to go from memory or ad lib, but you're you. Jump in.

We'll make it, and it'll be good company, and a good evening.
    Last edited by tripleblessed; 24th January 18 at 12:23 AM.

3. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to tripleblessed For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SO.......... a link. http://celtictavernconyers.com/

We'll gather at the Tavern as above around six and socialize a bit. We only see some this once a year, so catch up, meet new folk,
    a dram or so for those who do, and play it somewhat by ear. Usually we're seated before seven and ready to set sail.

I just got a call from a past attendee who's been in India for a while but will be joining us, so it's getting there. Sam, you will recall
    he joined us for lunch kilt gathering at Perimeter last time he was home.

5. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to tripleblessed For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @tripleblessed, if I am whom you refer to as the "esteemed colleague" from Birmingham, you must have me mistaken for someone who is actually held in esteem. That said, I think I replied maybe to another post that I will not be in town on Saturday and therefore send my regrets. Would love to catch up soon over a pint with everyone when my schedule alows.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @tripleblessed - I have created a Programme for the 2018 Burns Supper. It's on Google Drive (link below) as both a Word doc and a PDF file. If you choose the Word doc, you may need to also download the font file "Uncial" and install it on your computer. The PDF is not editable, but perfectly good for printing. It's designed to print 2-sided on 8.5 x 11 paper, then fold in half.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...2m?usp=sharing
    Craig Jones
    ---
    It’s a lang road that’s no goat a turnin

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Sixpack View Post
    @tripleblessed, if I am whom you refer to as the "esteemed colleague" from Birmingham, you must have me mistaken for someone who is actually held in esteem. That said, I think I replied maybe to another post that I will not be in town on Saturday and therefore send my regrets. Would love to catch up soon over a pint with everyone when my schedule alows.
    No, no, no. No mistake. I actually was thinking of someone else who actually is held in esteem. Not of course, that you're not, just, I was thinking
    of someone else in Birmingham who has attended in the past. I knew when I gave you the shout-out it was an unlikely long shot, but hoped perhaps
    you might persuade some of your clan to join us. I know, a bit of trouble, but we wanted you to be informed. Maybe next year.

However, we also have in Birmingham another member, a physician, who has been with us the last couple of years, but hasn't yet responded this year.
    Oh, well, maybe next year as well.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do we have a piper?!? Just a question
    LOCH SLOY!
    Cheers, Wil

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim told me he would be talking to Rusty. Greg said he knows Rusty. I have heard from neither that they actually did. My friend Cliff, who
    stepped in last year when Rusty found out day of he wasn't able to be there, will be joining us again, and will have pipes with, in case.
    What I know we DON'T have is someone to print program from Creag's file.

Nor Toast, Response, or Memory. I spoke with someone about Memory, not eager. If necessary I will say something. Toast and Response
    out of my wheelhouse. Ideas?

Wil, can you print? Jim's friend whose surname is Robison has done Toast, may be able. I don't have contact. Feel up to a Response? I
    hinted to MH she might want it, but you wouldn't want the look I got.
    Last edited by tripleblessed; 26th January 18 at 11:14 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleblessed View Post
    Jim told me he would be talking to Rusty. Greg said he knows Rusty. I have heard from neither that they actually did. My friend Cliff, who
    stepped in last year when Rusty found out day of he wasn't able to be there, will be joining us again, and will have pipes with, in case.
    What I know we DON'T have is someone to print program from Creag's file.

Nor Toast, Response, or Memory. I spoke with someone about Memory, not eager. If necessary I will say something. Toast and Response
    out of my wheelhouse. Ideas?

Wil, can you print? Jim's friend whose surname is Robison has done Toast, may be able. I don't have contact. Feel up to a Response? I
    hinted to MH she might want it, but you wouldn't want the look I got.
    YES! I will print off the programs and bring them!!!!!
    LOCH SLOY!
    Cheers, Wil

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You, sir, are a gem. Thanks!. Yet again. Between twenty and thirty expected. It'll happen.
    Last edited by tripleblessed; 27th January 18 at 07:29 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast