X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Burns Supper

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a nice turn out for what turned out to be a damp evening. About 23 people showed up and the Haggis! I will look around today and see if there is a way to post pics of last nights supper. If so I'll share
    LOCH SLOY!
    Cheers, Wil

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Wil For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife took a few, but this is the only one she sent to me:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018 burns night.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	33048

Lamar Brit with the haggis, but I don't recall the piper's name.
    Last edited by Wareyin; 28th January 18 at 02:47 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Wareyin For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, we sort of pulled it off; not quite as smooth as if Jim had done it, but not bad. Nice evening. We lost one couple to an out
    of town emergency, as they couldn't get back to town early enough to make it. Another couple had said they were 39 weeks in,
    and due pretty much any moment. They said if we didn't see them, they'd be in the delivery room. We didn't.

Those of us who made it enjoyed it. Good Immortal Memory, and a volunteer of participation next year.

Piper is my friend Cliff, a piper with the Atholl Highlanders out of Stone Mountain. They have for years taught pipers for free as
    a way of keeping a supply close to hand. Many move on to other cities or a band closer to them in the metro area. Good folk.
    I sang for their Burns supper last year, and probably again this year.

6. The Following User Says 'Aye' to tripleblessed For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleblessed View Post
    I was thinking
    of someone else in Birmingham who has attended in the past...

However, we also have in Birmingham another member, a physician, who has been with us the last couple of years, but hasn't yet responded this year.
    Oh, well, maybe next year as well.
    @tripleblessed Who do you know from Birmingham? I may know them from our St. Andrew's Society here, or could look them up for a kilt night when I'm home.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Sixpack View Post
    @tripleblessed Who do you know from Birmingham? I may know them from our St. Andrew's Society here, or could look them up for a kilt night when I'm home.
    Have caught myself in a mental error here. We have spoken only at the Burns supper, and Birmingham was a part of the conversation,
    but checking his listing here on the forum, it says he actually lives in Montgomery. Apologies.

Would have been good to have you at our humble gathering, though I know you are home on weekends. Do feel invited to include
    your family in our future Burns suppers. Not for everyone, and a ways from home, for sure, but we'd enjoy the pleasure of your
    company.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had hoped by now to see more pictures. I realized way too late that in the press of making sure that everything happened,
    it slipped my mind to get the usual group photo of the kilted. Those who carry phones are more oriented to the thought.

I also wanted to thank Gil for a very nice Immortal Memory. When first we spoke on Wednesday about it, he was diffident, at
    best. Having agreed to think it over, he came through quite nicely. Thanks due as well to Wil, who provided the programs; so
    also to Creag who created the file for the printing.

10. The Following User Says 'Aye' to tripleblessed For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456