X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website Kilt Society website
The Scottish Trading Company Xmarks advertising information MacGregor and MacDuff Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may be right about the sword. I thought he has his left hand on a dirk, still in its scabbard on the belt, but of course the dirk is normally worn on the right.
    Geoff Withnell

"My comrades, they did never yield, for courage knows no bounds."
    No longer subject to reveille US Marine.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That "sash" is puzzling.

For one thing, it doesn't wrap all the way around, you can see that it ends just a bit past his shoulder on his back. It's just draped over his shoulder, and if he were to walk around it would fall off.

The other thing is that it appears to have pieces of matching red cloth sewn to it at various points. Bits of ribbon? Who can say.

I'm at a loss as to what it is, but for sure it's not anything normally seen with Highland Dress.
    Last edited by OC Richard; 12th January 18 at 05:56 AM.
    Proud Mountaineer from the Highlands of West Virginia; son of the Revolution and Civil War; first white settlers on the Guyandotte

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Withnell View Post
    You may be right about the sword. I thought he has his left hand on a dirk, still in its scabbard on the belt, but of course the dirk is normally worn on the right.
    I thought he was holding a dirk too but then I noticed he does have a dirk hanging down near his sporran.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12