X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Royal Air Force Tartan at Paria Beach on the Colorado River at Lees Ferry, Arizona

Kilted up to visit one of my favorite spiritual places today. If the pic attaches...

Well, it don't attach...small pic...says it will...but it won't...continue to be baffle by pic deal from computer. Miss the old photobucket days...oh well, things change.

Okay, think I figured it out...the How To Instructions are old...there's no more insert image icon option. But doing it the way presented works, just doesn't show the pic on the post. You have to click on the paperclip attachment icon an the Show us Your Pic Forum main listing to see the pics...

Tricky tricky...
    Last edited by Riverkilt; 14th January 18 at 10:50 PM.
    Ol' Macdonald himself, a proud son of Skye and Cape Breton Island
    Lifetime Member STA. Two time winner of Utilikiltarian of the Month.
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Riverkilt For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't attach. At least I can't see it down here in the valley.
    American by birth, human by coincidence and earthling by mistake.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Photo size seems to be problem with many new post attempts. We old dogs have too many new tricks to learn some days.

You could snail mail the polaroid (after you wave it about for development) and I'll scan, copy and paste for you and teletype you the confirmation. Good luck.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So weird. Instructions don't match current situation. Went with what came up. I can bring it up if I go back to the single line listing for the topic and click on the paperclip. Gotta be an easier way.

Photo size isn't an issue...very small.
    Ol' Macdonald himself, a proud son of Skye and Cape Breton Island
    Lifetime Member STA. Two time winner of Utilikiltarian of the Month.
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had several that had to be edited before they would download.You might try resizing the pic to just include the subject matter and not much else.I can't guarantee that will work but it might.

Terry Searl is offline Registration terminated at the member's request
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

postimg

Some of us have had more problems than others when it comes to posting photos. What worked before doesn't work now, and as I read some of the solutions, they seem to work for some but not others .......I have found a solution that works, for me.

I go to Google, Type in .....postimg....
    a window opens up with a few postimg choices,
    I choose the top one to the postimg site
    I am then requested to choose a photo
    From there I am able to go through all my photo files and choose the one I want by clicking on, open.
    Postimg then gives me a list of options and I choose "hotlinks for forums" .
    Next I highlite from INSIDE the brackets starting at Httpp/ ( or however it is written) ending at jpeg , again INSIDE the brackets
    With this highlited I press the control key simultaneously with the letter c .
    I now go back to the XMarks posting I'm making and depress the icon for "insert image"
    another window appears as to where I will get the image from. Computer or URL
    I click on URL then in the line provided I then simultaneously click on control and the letter v

That inserts the image in the post wherever I have placed the cursor and then I can either carry on with my post OR type out the post before inserting the image.........

From all this blather, you can tell I'm not a very computer literate person......but this works for me......The photos I post are usually taken at quite large file sizes and they have no problem being inserted..... I also haven't changed any settings on my firewall

I hope this helps some ......I really do enjoy seeing all the photos posted by members

8. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Terry Searl For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ron.... I just successfully posted a picture with no Issues!!!
    if you are using an iPad or I presume other tablet the orientation you take the picture needs to match the orientation you have the tablet when you post it. Click on the picture insert on the second line, not the paper clip on the first line.
    keep trying because we love your kilted Canyon shots!
    Slainte my friend!
    Bill
    "Good judgement comes from experience, and experience
    well, that comes from poor judgement."
    A. A. Milne

10. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Liam For This Useful Post: