X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basted and Steam Pressed.

The other evening after I got home from work, I decided it was time to Baste the Pleats, and Steam Press my Kilt. I've been wearing my kilt so much, through wearing, I lost the Knife Sharp edges to the Pleats.

I found some great threads here and a useful Two Part Youtube Video on how to Baste and Steam Press my kilt. It took me awhile to baste, but only a few minutes to Steam Press the Inside and Outside of the Pleats and Aprons.

Below are the two Youtube links and a photo of the Kilt after the Steam Pressing. If you look close you can see some steam still wafting from the kilt. I let it dry overnight, then in the morning turned it over and let the other side dry for the day whilst I was at work. I found mostly it was the Lining that needed to dry some.

Part 1:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsRlxpou9qE

Part 2:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwxUu1vF3o8

kilt - basted steam pressed.jpg

I've found I lost some weight since being measured for the kilt, and I now have to have to use the holes closest to the Kilt on the Straps, Next project is to move the Left Strap, and two right buckles.. I've already searched the Forum, and found some Great Advice from Barb on moving the Strap and two Buckles..

I found once the kilt dried, I noticed that the bit of dirt that was in the Apron, near the bottom edge was lifted out.
    Last edited by Famous Willie; 7th February 18 at 06:53 PM.
    Bill...
    “Canadian Grown and Raised from Scottish Roots!”.....
    "Clan Farquharson, & Clan Fraser of Lovat"....

2. The Following 6 Users say 'Aye' to Famous Willie For This Useful Post: