X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uploading Pictures

I know that it is possible to upload a photo into a thread/post, but is there a way to essentially make a photo album on the profile page?
    Never run or do jumping jacks while wearing a heavy sporran
    "500 years before Christ was born, a highlander stepped on the bloated carcass of a sheep and the bagpipes were born"
    Stabo (I shall stand)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't done it yet, but I think I found a way. Not through the control panel itself, but when I click on my name above my avatar (on the right of all pages), I can scroll down to see Albums | Add Album on the left. ← Or click that link?
    --
    Mark A. Boyd
    Keep-On-Learnin' ;)

3. The Following User Says 'Aye' to mBoyd For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mBoyd View Post
    I haven't done it yet, but I think I found a way. Not through the control panel itself, but when I click on my name above my avatar (on the right of all pages), I can scroll down to see Albums | Add Album on the left. ← Or click that link?
    I feel like a goob.... thank you for the info, it's as clear as day if I had just opened my eyes a little more!
    "500 years before Christ was born, a highlander stepped on the bloated carcass of a sheep and the bagpipes were born"
    Stabo (I shall stand)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, it works... I've uploaded a few pictures already, thank you again!
    Stabo (I shall stand)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New question... I uploaded a picture amd it went sideways on itself. It is within the guidelines set for uploading a jpg, and I cannot figure out how to rotate the darn thing... any suggestions other than to curse at it and drink beer?
    Stabo (I shall stand)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop using iPhone?

If you're posting from a computer, your operating system likely comes with a paint/graphic program that can rotate and resize images. And there are lots of free image editing programs available for all operating systems. For instance the powerful Gimp software is "available for GNU/Linux, OS X, Windows and more operating systems".

Lots of free or inexpensive apps are available for Android and iOS mobile devices, too.

I suspect there are even Web sites that allow you to upload and edit images, but I haven't really checked into that.
    --
    Mark A. Boyd
    Keep-On-Learnin' ;)

8. The Following User Says 'Aye' to mBoyd For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Convertimage.net is an on-line tool for rotating images, though for a PC I like Irfanview as it has more options. Macs come with their own built in software, Preview will do it.
    If you are going to do it, do it in a kilt!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mBoyd View Post
    ....For instance the powerful Gimp software is "available for GNU/Linux, OS X, Windows and more operating systems".....
    I may be learning about kilts, but I know a fair amount about Gimp. I've used it for several years for fun & profit (& some fun profit). On a Linux variation OS. Much easier to learn than PhotoShop (my worthless 2p), & it seems to be more intuitive to use. You can size, crop, & rotate pics in a minute. With a bit more time, the canned enhancement tools work well. It's come in handy, when I need to crop/reduce photos for use on forums with serious image size restrictions.
    "I can draw a mouse with a pencil, but I can't draw a pencil with a mouse"