X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some great tips and so simple. Thanks for posting

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to John_Carrick For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the "S" pic....have used rubber bands but just twice through...sometimes cheap kilt pin pins come loose anyway. Prefer the straight back pins with the Allan wrench cover thingies. They hold well...but can't use them with the long straight pins.

Glad to see I'm not the only one struggling with posting images...gave up pretty much...just doesn't work like it says it does...no biggie. Do miss the old days of using Photobucket.
    Ol' Macdonald himself, a proud son of Skye and Cape Breton Island
    Lifetime Member STA. Two time winner of Utilikiltarian of the Month.
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."

4. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Riverkilt For This Useful Post:

Terry Searl is offline Registration terminated at the member's request
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

postimg

Quote Originally Posted by Riverkilt View Post
    Thanks for the "S" pic....have used rubber bands but just twice through...sometimes cheap kilt pin pins come loose anyway. Prefer the straight back pins with the Allan wrench cover thingies. They hold well...but can't use them with the long straight pins.

Glad to see I'm not the only one struggling with posting images...gave up pretty much...just doesn't work like it says it does...no biggie. Do miss the old days of using Photobucket.
    I have always enjoyed seeing the photos members post here and was almost as upset about not seeing them as I was when I couldn't post my own .......I now use postimg and it works great.....when it gives you a list of choices to use I use hotlinks for forums and then copy the link bacwards from jpeg to Http between the brackets and then in the drop down window on the HMtS site I choose URL and paste the hot link from postimg .......I wish I could explain it more simply....but I really am a computer illiterate

6. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Terry Searl For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks....beyond me. What's sad for me is I'm on a lot of other forums that use this same format/system and have no problem uploading pics from my computer the simple way...just clicking on the button that says to do that, loading the pic, and uploading. Just like what the XMarks forum says to do.

Only for some reason there's a glitch somewhere and it doesn't work here. I've noticed it says my HMTL is off...but can't find where to turn it on to try that...go figure. Headed out on a kilted outing soon and will be taking some pics...but it ain't the end of the world if it doesn't work...I don't have to fix it...I can live with it. Its all beach sand anyway...
    Ol' Macdonald himself, a proud son of Skye and Cape Breton Island
    Lifetime Member STA. Two time winner of Utilikiltarian of the Month.
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."

8. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Riverkilt For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have noted this as a small, but vital, piece of information. Thanks for posting.

10. The Following User Says 'Aye' to MenOfTheNorth For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacCathmhaoil View Post
    I highly recommend these, they are a pin keeper secured with and Allen key. I've had one on my kilt pin for a number of years and have never had an issue.
    https://www.pinlockstore.com/new-imp...lesale-5-packs
    Awesome! No pin is going to escape from that thing. Thanks for sharing!
    The forest was shrinking, yet the trees kept voting for the axe, because it's handle was made of wood, and they thought it was one of them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12