X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Stoff is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not quite the usual celebration

This may not quite be the usual celebration, but we are celebrating. Last Friday I went under the knife at UNC Hospital to remove a tumor from my left kidney. They had hoped to be able to just remove the tumor but ended up having to remove the whole kidney. I found out today that yes the mass was cancerous,but, they got it all. Also originally there was some question about the lymph nodes closet to the kidney they came up clean and cancer free. The remaining treatment is of the wait and see sort of treatment. I will have to go back for periodic checks for the next five years or so but if I stay cancer free over that time, that will be it. Hurray and thanks God.

Stoff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So delighted for you, Stoff. My wife is in year three afterwards.

A wee Scottish doctor in his seventies did our follow up. Put his glasses on the end of his nose, looked the results up and down, nodded slowly and gimaced as he looked them over, then turned around, yanked off his glasses and said seriously, with an Aberdeen brogue, "Well, the bl**dy sh*t is gone. Get on we' yer life."

May your results be the same. I'm prayin' for ya' buddy.
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

3. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to Father Bill For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife is coming up on 12 years cf.
    All the best to you.
    "Good judgement comes from experience, and experience
    well, that comes from poor judgement."
    A. A. Milne

5. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to Liam For This Useful Post:

Terry Searl is offline Registration terminated at the member's request
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hoorray from Canada's west coast

Quote Originally Posted by Stoff View Post
    This may not quite be the usual celebration, but we are celebrating. Last Friday I went under the knife at UNC Hospital to remove a tumor from my left kidney. They had hoped to be able to just remove the tumor but ended up having to remove the whole kidney. I found out today that yes the mass was cancerous,but, they got it all. Also originally there was some question about the lymph nodes closet to the kidney they came up clean and cancer free. The remaining treatment is of the wait and see sort of treatment. I will have to go back for periodic checks for the next five years or so but if I stay cancer free over that time, that will be it. Hurray and thanks God.

Stoff
    Good on Ya' Stoff... just before Christmas, my sister-in-law was diagnosed with Bowel cancer, she had a colonoscopy and 37 polyps removed. only one polyp showed a few cancerous cells. That whole section of bowel was removed and after the Oncologists and Pathologists last reports she is cancer free.......I will celebrate your good fortune as well as hers....it may not be a usual celebration but it is every bit as wonderful

7. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Terry Searl For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

L'chaim from a bit farther south, on the west coast.......

My wife has been a back office MA, for 38 years. I hear things like this with, sadly, some regularity. Today is a day for you & yours to celebrate. Also, look to the future. That, in itself, can be good medicine.
    Cheers!!!
    "I can draw a mouse with a pencil, but I can't draw a pencil with a mouse"

9. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Baeau For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like many things in life, not something you want to do; but if ya gotta, a good result is a cause to celebrate. So, enjoy
    the time you bought. Laughter being often the best medicine, have so much fun you stay well forever.

11. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to tripleblessed For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aren't hospital gowns like a kilt on backwards? I think the kilt may be a better garment for long term recovery (if you have that) as there be less constriction. A belt and slacks would give a small band of discomfort on the tender areas of your back. May you have happier days ahead.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well that is cause for celebration and relief! I hope the best for you.
    I will be in Sanford, NC just outside Raleigh on Thursday next week for a wedding that weekend. Is that anywhere near you? Any pubs or happenings to recommend in North Carolina?

Marty
    "The fun of a kilt is to walk, not to sit"