X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have not heard back from Stone Mountain Games committee folk yet on whether we will be working the crowd from the parade as last year
    or not. Have been asked if I want to be in another group; may just watch. Buchanans Marching?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the Buchanans are marching. Last year they had 4, this year we're hoping for a 50% increase, all the way up to 6! ��
    I did hear that Stone Mountain Games will be right in front of us.
    Last edited by Wareyin; 15th March 18 at 10:06 AM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I e-mailed my committee chair and here at the last minute got confirmation it counts as a work day toward free park entrance and
    games tickets to walk Saturday, so I'll see you. Unless they move us again, it appears we'll be just ahead of y'all. Be careful where
    you step. If it's like last year, you'll probably pass me. I actually hand out the Games flyers past the front row. When I see someone
    refuse a flyer from another volunteer, I joke with their lady or their buddies about having only six months to get him in a kilt and get
    him to the games; they always ask for the flyer. So I fall behind. Plus, because I'm working the crowd, I get too many requests for
    photos. Hope to keep up better this year. If possible, I'll see you at the finish as well.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may be able to make it out. Got some stuff to do Saturday, but it's possible I'll be done in time. Let me know time and place. It would be awesome to catch up with you folks.
    Craig Jones
    ---
    It’s a lang road that’s no goat a turnin

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Wil @Creag do you guys think meeting in town in the afternoon (2ish? 3ish?) is doable?

I'm not sure what parking around that Limerick Junction would be like, but that might be a fun place in the early afternoon, hopefully before the main crowds turn out. Or there is always "The Pub at the Perimeter", or Mac McGees, or Meehan's, or any number of other places. I'm open to requests!

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it looks like I may be marching with you for the Stone Mountain Games, @tripleblessed ! Our regent and her family had to back out for a family emergency, leaving only my wife and I to represent Clan Buchanan. I am not sure if she was in contact with your people or not, but her suggestion is to march with your group.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PHP Code:
    well wouldn't you know it! My daughter might have a ball game around parade time......  I'll have to play tomorrow by ear 
    LOCH SLOY!
    Cheers, Wil

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, we got a little rain, but not for long. The two and a half blocks of forming up and a block or so of the parade route, and the
    sun came out. Wareyin and his lady wife walked with us, the Stone Mountain Games grounds volunteers, as we gave out beads
    and Games fliers. Maybe a mile and a half, ran out of beads before the end. The pipe band ahead of us asked if we knew where
    their meet-up pub was, a Scottish name, so we decided to try it. They were w/o power, transformer lost to an accident, so we
    walked on to the pub where the grounds crew were, good visits, food, and potables. With a three mile stroll there and back to the
    cars. Nice day.

9. The Following User Says 'Aye' to tripleblessed For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only pictures my wife took were of the entire Stone Mountain Volunteer group, and you can't even see tripleblessed's face! But the parade was great fun. The restaurant after could have had much better service, but the food was good.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a grand time. Next year I'm helping out in the parade. @tripleblessed - hook me up with volunteering to market the games next year. I'm also going to try and have a MacPhail kilt by then.
    Craig Jones
    ---
    It’s a lang road that’s no goat a turnin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast