X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK. Parade next St. Patrick's. Now, Games. October this year is next Games. Or did you mean Games of 2019? If you want to get in on
    this year's volunteering, April 7th is the kickoff get-together for BBQ, hotdogs, desserts, and a variety of interesting liquids with which
    to wash it all down. And meet the folk that make it happen.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there some sort of an email list for the info about volunteering? They had Sue and I sign in for the parade, but they didn't ask for emails or phone numbers. They literally only asked for our names.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The St. Patrick's parade gig is a function of the grounds committee within the Games structure, so they assume they have your contact info already. The sign-in sheet is a record of who shows up that morning so they can credit a work day to count toward park and entrance tickets.
    Being there the whole week of the games earns multiple pairs of tickets. The Monday cleanup day after counts.

So,if you want to be on a different committee, volunteers@smhg.org . As noted above, Sat. evening April 7th there will be an all hands on
    deck volunteer meeting to kick off this year's work. I'm sure you can just go to that and say, "Here I am, and here's how I think I fit".
    They'll tell you where to go. Let me know if you want to do that, and I'll run it by my committee head to verify veracity of above info.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was looking to volunteer to pass out info and be persuasive at the St. Paddy's parade next year. Doubt that I've got time to volunteer for setting up for the Games in October. Though I'll be attending this year for sure.
    Craig Jones
    ---
    It’s a lang road that’s no goat a turnin

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sue and I will be attending this year's Games as well. I'll ask her about the cookout, but unless I have extra vacation time in October I don't know if I can get another 2 days in.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123