X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the East Bay Scots event listing on FB (https://www.facebook.com/events/152895952077474/) they say it's a "rain or shine" event.

If it's really the "rivers of rain" some outlets are predicting, I'll be staying home. However, if the predictions are off or the storm winds itself out Friday night and things clear on Saturday morning, I'd still go. I've been in damp years and it's still fun.

Clan Mackintosh North America / Clan Chattan Association
    Cormack, McIntosh, Gow, Finlayson, Farquar, Waters, Swanson, Ross, Oag, Gilbert, Munro, Turnbough,
    McElroy, McCoy, Mackay, Henderson, Ivester, Castles, Copeland, MacQueen, McCumber, Matheson, Burns,
    Wilson, Campbell, Bartlett, Munro - a few of the ancestral names, mainly from the North-east of Scotland

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The predictors, are all over the place on this one. They do agree there will be rain. Question, will my green Wellies go with a kilt? If the rain fades, we will be there.
    "I can draw a mouse with a pencil, but I can't draw a pencil with a mouse"

3. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Baeau For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to weatherchannel, showers start tapering off 9:00-ish. Cloudy, the rest of the day. Probably means, rogue showers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baeau View Post
    According to weatherchannel, showers start tapering off 9:00-ish. Cloudy, the rest of the day. Probably means, rogue showers?
    Perfect! Wellies, Barbour jacket, kilt, and be sure to get a Belhaven and some bangers, fish and chips, or a meat pie.

As long as it's not raining enough so the music and games can't happen, "a little damp" won't hurt. Gives it the feel of the highlands!

Cormack, McIntosh, Gow, Finlayson, Farquar, Waters, Swanson, Ross, Oag, Gilbert, Munro, Turnbough,
    McElroy, McCoy, Mackay, Henderson, Ivester, Castles, Copeland, MacQueen, McCumber, Matheson, Burns,
    Wilson, Campbell, Bartlett, Munro - a few of the ancestral names, mainly from the North-east of Scotland

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot, the Wellies are in storage . Shouldn't miss me. Blue jacket with red piping, Reynard & a fox embroidered in red on the back, SCCA Pro Racing patch front left, & BRITS Inc, in red on the front right. Along with.....

..with navy hose, & black leather sporran. Probably, won't be there until noon-ish. Need to check out a rental house at 11:00am. According to YouKnowWho'sMaps, from there, 33-35 minutes to Newark. If you see the jacket, say, "Hello".
    Last edited by Baeau; 6th April 18 at 10:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baeau View Post
    Forgot, the Wellies are in storage . Shouldn't miss me. Blue jacket with red piping, Reynard & a fox embroidered in red on the back, SCCA Pro Racing patch front left, & BRITS Inc, in red on the front right. Along with.....

..with navy hose, & black leather sporran. Probably, won't be there until noon-ish. Need to check out a rental house at 11:00am. According to YouKnowWho'sMaps, from there, 33-35 minutes to Newark. If you see the jacket, say, "Hello".
    Looks like I missed you! I was there a bit before noon until 2:30. Light attendance, but the weather cleared and it was sunny, almost too warm! Enjoyed some music, but was disappointed no athletics, dancers, or Scottish food or beer!

Perhaps we can all meet at Woodland on April 28th or 29th? I'm leaning towards Saturday the 28th.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arrived about 12:15. Meandered all about. I'm assuming the wet stopped the athletics. Not sure about the dancers. Quiet day, talked to a few people. One of the Scottish Vet's, were interesting. Firing Officer on an Ohio Class ballistic missle submarine. Then, we toured the "Big House". Left about 3:30. Agreed, almost too warm. Hadn't thought about Woodland.....a possibility.

Also thought, those kilted, were a bit sparse

9. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Baeau For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coincidentally, I was also there from about 12:00 to 2:30. Unfortunately the solo piping and drumming competition ended much earlier than I thought so I missed a performance from my pipe band colleague. I agree with the disappointment of no Scottish food or beer as well as the lack of kilted attendees (besides the obvious pipers walking around). I did watch the Macintosh pipe band play informally for while in the afternoon. Hopefully Woodland will be better!

11. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Macseobang For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The three of us, must have passed each other. No doubt, numerous times. Couldn't tell if there were more wandering about, or under the canopies.

13. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Baeau For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12