X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Threaded View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Second Kilt from Celtic Croft

Well, I just received my second kilt from Celtic Croft, Homespun Brown Watch, and I am very pleased with it. The first was the basic economy Black Watch which, outside of a slight size issue (a return slip was included with the second kilt, since now that I have experienced the kilted side of life I refuse to be without one, so I could send the first one back for a slight adjustment) I am likewise delighted with.

With regard to the first one, I should say that the picture on the website doesn't really do it justice. It's heavy and well-made and I think it's, at the very least, worth the price of $100 out the door (including $10 shipping).

With regard to the second kilt and extra $30 gets thicker straps and a bit more sophisticated finishing. Like the first, well worth the price of $130 (again, out the door including the $10 shipping). In fact, the first time I wore it (last Friday) I just ran out to pick up Chinese food. Our food wasn't ready and since Lueken's Liquor is just at the other end of the plaza and I happened to have one of their $5 off coupon I trotted down for a bottle of single malt. In the span of going from one end of the plaza to the other and back again I received no less than five compliments on the kilt!
    At a time like this one must ask themselves, 'WWJDD"
    What Would Jimmy Durante Do?

2. The Following 7 Users say 'Aye' to Tobinn For This Useful Post: