X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Second Kilt from Celtic Croft

Well, I just received my second kilt from Celtic Croft, Homespun Brown Watch, and I am very pleased with it. The first was the basic economy Black Watch which, outside of a slight size issue (a return slip was included with the second kilt, since now that I have experienced the kilted side of life I refuse to be without one, so I could send the first one back for a slight adjustment) I am likewise delighted with.

With regard to the first one, I should say that the picture on the website doesn't really do it justice. It's heavy and well-made and I think it's, at the very least, worth the price of $100 out the door (including $10 shipping).

With regard to the second kilt and extra $30 gets thicker straps and a bit more sophisticated finishing. Like the first, well worth the price of $130 (again, out the door including the $10 shipping). In fact, the first time I wore it (last Friday) I just ran out to pick up Chinese food. Our food wasn't ready and since Lueken's Liquor is just at the other end of the plaza and I happened to have one of their $5 off coupon I trotted down for a bottle of single malt. In the span of going from one end of the plaza to the other and back again I received no less than five compliments on the kilt!
    At a time like this one must ask themselves, 'WWJDD"
    What Would Jimmy Durante Do?

2. The Following 7 Users say 'Aye' to Tobinn For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a saying at XMarks.... if there isn’t a picture it didn’t happen😉
    "Good judgement comes from experience, and experience
    well, that comes from poor judgement."
    A. A. Milne

4. The Following 5 Users say 'Aye' to Liam For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I look forward to seeing pictures. I have on multiple occasions considered some of the more economical kilt options that Celtic Croft has to offer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my Homespun Johnstone kilt via the good folks at Celtic Croft. I'm fortunate not to have any unique body requirements. Fits fine, looks good (according to "She"). That said (typed, posted?), a few weeks reviewing threads & photos made me realize what I'm missing. Alternatively, what I would like to have.........please see the 'tagline' at the Wizard's website.
    "I can draw a mouse with a pencil, but I can't draw a pencil with a mouse"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam View Post
    We have a saying at XMarks.... if there isn’t a picture it didn’t happen��
    If only that applied to other aspects of my life...

Yes! Pictures - I will get some and post!!

8. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Tobinn For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a follow up, the first kilt arrived within two weeks of my sending it out for a size adjustment and it fits quite well. Very pleased. I can very much recommend the economy ($100 including shipping) or the homespun ($130 including shipping) as very nice starter kilts. Really quite worth the money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I, now, relate getting my 'Homespun' kilt from Celtic Croft, to getting my first telescope. Moderate diameter, could view much. However, I learned something, after researching more. Had I spent a bit extra, I could view more. With that 'scope, Probably, be in the same position, again. The Homespun kilt is nice. After attending a couple of Highland Games, speaking with a few kilted people, & seeing how a 'full / proper' kilt looks (or, swish+swagger).....I'm left wanting that bit more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baeau View Post
    I, now, relate getting my 'Homespun' kilt from Celtic Croft, to getting my first telescope. Moderate diameter, could view much. However, I learned something, after researching more. Had I spent a bit extra, I could view more. With that 'scope, Probably, be in the same position, again. The Homespun kilt is nice. After attending a couple of Highland Games, speaking with a few kilted people, & seeing how a 'full / proper' kilt looks (or, swish+swagger).....I'm left wanting that bit more.
    Very true. However, so far, I have no regrets regarding my purchases. I assumed I'd enjoy wearing a kilt but without actually wearing one out how would I know. Now I know. So, following the path of so many others (I'm so very sure), I'm slowly upping my budget and I'm awaiting my first USAK semi-traditional. After that, after taking a bit of a budgetarily-necessary break I'll take the plunge into a 5-yd wool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed, no regrets at all. The next steps are based upon the budget. The aging family Range Rover (I refer to affectionately as Lazarus), is taking the spare dosh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam View Post
    We have a saying at XMarks.... if there isn’t a picture it didn’t happen��
    Well, here's a photo from the 2018 Dunedin, FLA Highland Game before the 5k Run. I'm the one on the left in the cap and Black Watch. My pal is on the right in Blue Ramsey. You can tell it's before the race based on smiling faces and lack of a drenching sweat. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018_0407 5k Race before.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	33673

And that's my friend's daughter Mavie
    Last edited by Tobinn; 8th April 18 at 07:07 AM.

14. The Following 4 Users say 'Aye' to Tobinn For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast