X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Threaded View

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobinn View Post
    Well, I just received my second kilt from Celtic Croft, Homespun Brown Watch, and I am very pleased with it. The first was the basic economy Black Watch which, outside of a slight size issue (a return slip was included with the second kilt, since now that I have experienced the kilted side of life I refuse to be without one, so I could send the first one back for a slight adjustment) I am likewise delighted with.

With regard to the first one, I should say that the picture on the website doesn't really do it justice. It's heavy and well-made and I think it's, at the very least, worth the price of $100 out the door (including $10 shipping).

With regard to the second kilt and extra $30 gets thicker straps and a bit more sophisticated finishing. Like the first, well worth the price of $130 (again, out the door including the $10 shipping). In fact, the first time I wore it (last Friday) I just ran out to pick up Chinese food. Our food wasn't ready and since Lueken's Liquor is just at the other end of the plaza and I happened to have one of their $5 off coupon I trotted down for a bottle of single malt. In the span of going from one end of the plaza to the other and back again I received no less than five compliments on the kilt!
    Tobinn, We are so happy that you enjoy your kilts. Thank you for mentioning us, we do appreciate that as well. Wear your kilts and good health! Cheers, Steve from The Celtic Croft P.S I hope you are enjoying your single malt!
    Steve Johnson
    Customer Service
    The Celtic Croft
    http://www.kilts-n-stuff.com/

2. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Steve For This Useful Post: