X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Kilt Hose from USA Kilts

Just arrived today a pair of bottle green and grey hose form USA Kilts. Now all I need is the kilt I ordered from them to go with them. They look great! Rocky if you read this the ball is in you court.

2. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to Dusty For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have several pairs of the inexpensive colored hose that USA Kilts sells, they've been just wonderful for me in the cool weather (20* to low 60's Fahrenheit). They look smart and are easy to care for. What kilt have you ordered? I'm the happy owner of a pair of casual kilts, and am biding my time to get a 5 yard wool from them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 2 pairs of economy hose and one pair of the midlevel hose from them... I accidentally tossed one of the economy pairs into the dryer after washing... time to stretch them out and pray that they aren't now knee highs (if they are, it's an inexpensive replacement).
    Never run or do jumping jacks while wearing a heavy sporran
    "500 years before Christ was born, a highlander stepped on the bloated carcass of a sheep and the bagpipes were born"
    Stabo (I shall stand)

5. The Following User Says 'Aye' to The TALL TN Scot For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpmonkey View Post
    I have several pairs of the inexpensive colored hose that USA Kilts sells, they've been just wonderful for me in the cool weather (20* to low 60's Fahrenheit). They look smart and are easy to care for. What kilt have you ordered? I'm the happy owner of a pair of casual kilts, and am biding my time to get a 5 yard wool from them.
    I have a US Army and a US Marine Corps from USA Kilts. The new one is Stewart Hunting Mod. Can't wait till it gets here. Bought the bottle green to go with it and the gray for my two 511 kilts.

a

7. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to Dusty For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
    I have a US Army and a US Marine Corps from USA Kilts. The new one is Stewart Hunting Mod. Can't wait till it gets here. Bought the bottle green to go with it and the gray for my two 511 kilts.a
    I plan to eventually get a US Army in the semi traditional from USA Kilts and am currently looking for a utility kilt for regular wear.... that, and to piss off my neighbor who said that it isn't natural for a man to wear something like that...
    "500 years before Christ was born, a highlander stepped on the bloated carcass of a sheep and the bagpipes were born"
    Stabo (I shall stand)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The TALL TN Scot View Post
    I plan to eventually get a US Army in the semi traditional from USA Kilts and am currently looking for a utility kilt for regular wear.... that, and to piss off my neighbor who said that it isn't natural for a man to wear something like that...
    I like my casual kilts for regular wear. I've moved away from the modern kilts except for when I plan on really beating things up or being lazy about the house.

I feel bad for your neighbor. Remind him that any decent Roman considered pants the garb of barbarians (and they didn't mean that in a nice way.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpmonkey View Post
    I like my casual kilts for regular wear. I've moved away from the modern kilts except for when I plan on really beating things up or being lazy about the house.

I feel bad for your neighbor. Remind him that any decent Roman considered pants the garb of barbarians (and they didn't mean that in a nice way.)
    That's pretty much the only reason I'm wanting a modern kilt, to lounge around the house in or do yard work in... basically something that I won't have to take too much care while wearing (i.e. smoothing down the pleats whenever I sit down). I'm not sorry to say that my casual kilt from USA Kilts is too nice for that level of wear, in my opinion. I want something that I can be lazy in, which is where the modern kilt will come into play.

As for the neighbor, I don't think he knows enough history to understand that if I said anything to him... that's ok, their house is on the market, so I hope they'll move soon.
    Stabo (I shall stand)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm with you on the Casual Kilt. It's inexpensive. It's certainly not excessively fancy. But I feel "casual" really undersells how nice a garment it is.

12. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Jumpmonkey For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The TALL TN Scot View Post
    Someone posted here a long time back that when hit by the "not natural" or "It's a sin" comment, he simply replied, "Show me a photo of
    Jesus wearing pants, and I'll stop wearing kilts.".

14. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to tripleblessed For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleblessed View Post
    Someone posted here a long time back that when hit by the "not natural" or "It's a sin" comment, he simply replied, "Show me a photo of
    Jesus wearing pants, and I'll stop wearing kilts.".
    BRILLIANT!!!
    Stabo (I shall stand)

16. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to The TALL TN Scot For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast