X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My new Wyvern Leathworks Sporran.

Greetings,

Looked around at all the merchants and could not exactly find the day sporran that I really wanted. I notices several here have mentioned Donnie at Wyvern Leatherworks and visited his website. One specific sporran grabbed my eye, contacted Donnie and after a few months of saving up, was able to have Donnie make me one. Thought I would share it, as I think its a work of art, and Donnie is so talented. I hope you looking at it as much as I will wearing it....Thank you Donnie. Just ordered another one, Rob Roy, Stingray, very primitive and very excited to get this one too. Love his work and attention to fine details.

Last edited by CollinMacD; 23rd April 18 at 06:16 PM.
    Allan Collin MacDonald III
    Grandfather - Clan Donald, MacDonald (Clanranald) /MacBride, Antigonish, NS, 1791
    Grandmother - Clan Chisholm of Strathglass, West River, Antigonish, 1803
    Scottish Roots: Knoidart, Inverness, Scotland, then to Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada.

Terry Searl is offline Registration terminated at the member's request
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good on Ya'

Quote Originally Posted by CollinMacD View Post
    Greetings,

Looked around at all the merchants and could not exactly find the day sporran that I really wanted. I notices several here have mentioned Donnie at Wyvern Leatherworks and visited his website. One specific sporran grabbed my eye, contacted Donnie and after a few months of saving up, was able to have Donnie make me one. Thought I would share it, as I think its a work of art, and Donnie is so talented. I hope you looking at it as much as I will wearing it....Thank you Donnie. Just ordered another one, Rob Roy, Stingray, very primitive and very excited to get this one too. Love his work and attention to fine details.

First off thanx so much for sharing photos of your wonderful new acquisition

i am usually not a fan of the tassels but in your case they really do add to the sporran's beauty.......good on ya' for waiting until you could afford this particular sporran as well ....it all adds to the special-ness that your new sporran is ..... thanx again for sharing the photos

3. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Terry Searl For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a beautiful sporran!

Donnie really does great stuff. I have a new Rob Roy sporran on order myself. I'll be sure to post pics when it arrives.

5. The Following User Says 'Aye' to SunriseEarth For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonderful work! Par for the course with Donnie.

It reminds me of a black sporran he made for me a while back. I already have a brown one, wanted one in black, and he created a masterpiece.

Yours is a little nicer than mine, because brown leather shows its character better. I hope you'll wear it a lot! In ten years, it will improve, impossible as that seems.

Congratulations on a great choice!

Best,
    Patrick

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the kind words, I just love the look, style, and craftsmanship of Donnie. Most of my sporrans are the typical ones that you buy on line, I really wanted something special. Cheers.
    Allan Collin MacDonald III
    Grandfather - Clan Donald, MacDonald (Clanranald) /MacBride, Antigonish, NS, 1791
    Grandmother - Clan Chisholm of Strathglass, West River, Antigonish, 1803
    Scottish Roots: Knoidart, Inverness, Scotland, then to Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada.

Nomad is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice, of his custom options that one would be my favourite, I particularly like the extra detail of the small metal pins in the leather.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You made a great choice. That sporran will live on as a family heirloom, and worthy of the honor.
    My Clans: Guthrie, Sinclair, Sutherland, MacRae, McCain-Maclachlan, MacGregor-Petrie, Johnstone, Hamilton, Boyd, MacDonald-Alexander, Patterson, Thompson. Welsh:Edwards, Williams, Jones. Paternal line: Brandenburg/Prussia.
    Proud member: SCV/Mech Cav, MOSB. Camp Commander Ft. Heiman #1834 SCV Camp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a beautiful sporran!
    Never run or do jumping jacks while wearing a heavy sporran
    "500 years before Christ was born, a highlander stepped on the bloated carcass of a sheep and the bagpipes were born"
    Stabo (I shall stand)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great. You can't go wrong with Donnie's work.

12. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Kilted cabin boy For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed a beautiful sporran. I have one of his Rob Roy models, much more simple, and this is giving me sporran envy!! Congrats!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast