X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Hello from the Gulf Islands!

Hi! My name is WR Bones and my friends call me Roger. I live on beautiful Gabriola, one of Canada's Gulf Islands. I recently purchased my first kilt and after wearing it on my walk to and from work and a few forest excursions I'm hooked! I'm getting my sporran and sgian dubh in the coming months, which will make my outfit a bit more traditional. I'm more of a t-shirt guy but I may be expanding my horizons there as well. And as always I am wearing my lovely and practical Tilley hat. This forum has already been a gold mine of information and I look forward to digging in even deeper. Thanks for having me and hope you are all well today!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_572486663123910.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	232.7 KB 
ID:	33836

2. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to WR Bones For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings back atchya from another Gulf area - Clearwater, FL. I'm also a newly hooked newbie and have also found this site to be a wealth of information.
    At a time like this one must ask themselves, 'WWJDD"
    What Would Jimmy Durante Do?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the "Great Rabble"!
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well met and welcome Roger. Glad you have found wearing a kilt an easy transition in your daily duties. Many here have also made the change when it works best.

Terry Searl is offline Registration terminated at the member's request
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Back

Quote Originally Posted by WR Bones View Post
    Hi! My name is WR Bones and my friends call me Roger. I live on beautiful Gabriola, one of Canada's Gulf Islands. I recently purchased my first kilt and after wearing it on my walk to and from work and a few forest excursions I'm hooked! I'm getting my sporran and sgian dubh in the coming months, which will make my outfit a bit more traditional. I'm more of a t-shirt guy but I may be expanding my horizons there as well. And as always I am wearing my lovely and practical Tilley hat. This forum has already been a gold mine of information and I look forward to digging in even deeper. Thanks for having me and hope you are all well today!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_572486663123910.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	232.7 KB 
ID:	33836
    Welcome from the "bigger" Island.....nice to see another west coaster on the site........where have you been purchasing your kilt gear? I haven't found many places here above Victoria but North Of Hadrian's Kilt and Celtic clothing shoppe, the Langford side of Victoria has been excellent and treated me wonderfully.........cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Searl View Post
    Welcome from the "bigger" Island.....nice to see another west coaster on the site........where have you been purchasing your kilt gear? I haven't found many places here above Victoria but North Of Hadrian's Kilt and Celtic clothing shoppe, the Langford side of Victoria has been excellent and treated me wonderfully.........cheers

I'll have took into those shop 😊 I dealt with Barry at affordablekilts.com. It arrived quickly with free shipping, and i'm pleased with the quality - granted I have a very limited frame of reference!

8. The Following User Says 'Aye' to WR Bones For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome from Victoria and the world-wide headquarters of X Marks.
    Last edited by The Wizard of BC; 24th April 18 at 06:47 PM.
    Steve Ashton
    www.freedomkilts.com
    Skype (webcam enabled) thewizardofbc
    I wear the kilt because:
    Swish + Swagger = Swoon.

Terry Searl is offline Registration terminated at the member's request
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

comsiderably older

Hi Again,
    From your photo, I gather I am considerably older than you ......but not much more older in regards to wearing the kilt.
    I worked in the bush and on the water all my life and had just a few occasions to be "dressed up" but now I find great pleasure in wearing a jacket and waist coat with my kilt attire.......as you get use to wearing the kilt, you too may find that happens

Once I started wearing the kilt a few years after I retired, it gave me so much pleasure that I wished I had started wearing it many years ago instead of just the 4 or 5 that is the case with me. Most of the time when I wear my kilts it isn't hiking or gamboling about the bush, but seeing you in such an instance make me think I should have and had ample opportunity to do so when working in the Nimpkish valley........any way please keep taking photos of your evolving pleasure in wearing a kilt........ It will likely give you as much pleasure as it will us if you post those photos
    Last edited by Terry Searl; 24th April 18 at 06:57 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome from Calgary!
    "Good judgement comes from experience, and experience
    well, that comes from poor judgement."
    A. A. Milne

Inverness-shire, Scotland & British Columbia, Canada
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome, from Inverness-shire and -- at this moment -- overlooking the Salish Sea from the Sechelt Peninsula. Tilley is a fine choice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast