X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Montgomery Village, Maryland, near Washington, District of Columbia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cotton Kilt Hose and website

Rocky,
    I bought a couple of pair of the cotton kilt hose while at your anniversary party Saturday. I wore a pair last night at a synagogue men's club event (as well as the rest of the kilt outfit!), and I am very pleased. I was going to post a review, but they don't seem to be on your website. Are they new, or temporary, or what are the plans?
    Geoff Withnell

"My comrades, they did never yield, for courage knows no bounds."
    No longer subject to reveille US Marine.

3389 Schuylkill Rd, Spring City, PA 19475
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Withnell View Post
    Rocky,
    I bought a couple of pair of the cotton kilt hose while at your anniversary party Saturday. I wore a pair last night at a synagogue men's club event (as well as the rest of the kilt outfit!), and I am very pleased. I was going to post a review, but they don't seem to be on your website. Are they new, or temporary, or what are the plans?
    They're new(ish). I've been super busy with lots of 'marketing' stuff and other projects we're doing and have failed to get some of our new offerings on the website in a timely manner. We have taken pictures, so we SHOULD be able to get them up in the near future.

3. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to RockyR For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rocky and Geoff

Rocky...thanks for all that you and your team do for we your loyal customers. My wife mentioned to me at the Southern Maryland Celtic Festival that it would really be neat if you had a video that showed how a kilt was made. Not necessarily an instructional tutorial, but just a few minutes showing the different steps that go into making a kilt.

Geoff... do the tops of your new cotton hose stretch enough to fit over a large calf? I have some from another vendor but they don't stretch much, they fit over my calf but it is an effort. I am hoping for something that stretches like wool hose does.

Larry
    The hielan' man he wears the kilt, even when it's snowin';
    He kens na where the wind comes frae, But he kens fine where its goin'.

5. The Following User Says 'Aye' to lschwartz For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geoff, please go ahead and post a review of these "newish" socks, they sound very interesting, and don't forget the pics. Thanks!

7. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to tokareva For This Useful Post:

Montgomery Village, Maryland, near Washington, District of Columbia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lschwartz View Post
    Rocky...thanks for all that you and your team do for we your loyal customers. My wife mentioned to me at the Southern Maryland Celtic Festival that it would really be neat if you had a video that showed how a kilt was made. Not necessarily an instructional tutorial, but just a few minutes showing the different steps that go into making a kilt.

Geoff... do the tops of your new cotton hose stretch enough to fit over a large calf? I have some from another vendor but they don't stretch much, they fit over my calf but it is an effort. I am hoping for something that stretches like wool hose does.

Larry

I am not a small man, and my calves are not small either. The hose stretch quite a bit, but I would advise that the fabric, not being as thick as the typical wool hose, does open up a little.
    Geoff Withnell

"My comrades, they did never yield, for courage knows no bounds."
    No longer subject to reveille US Marine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cotton hose

i wore the cotton hose today and was pleased with how comfortable they were in the southern heat.
    LitTrog: Bah. You guys with your "knowledge" and "talents." Always taking the legs out from under my ignorant nincompoopery.