X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website The Scottish Trading Company
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An interesting book

I have been given this 'HIGHLANDERS' A history of the Highland Clans by Fitzroy MacLean.
    A very interesting read some wonderful colour plates of portraits of the main players of the day including these beautiful pipes from the MacCrimmons Screenshot_20180522-171024_Chrome.jpg

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to rsvpiper For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder, RSVPiper, if you'd mind if I moved this to the "Library" subforum? You may even get more hits and I'll leave a temporary re-direct.

Father Bill for the Forum Moderators.
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster, lover of God, people (most of them!) dogs, joy, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, dreamer, traditionalist, bon-vivant, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Sinclair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Bill View Post
    I wonder, RSVPiper, if you'd mind if I moved this to the "Library" subforum? You may even get more hits and I'll leave a temporary re-direct.

Father Bill for the Forum Moderators.
    No problem 😁

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvpiper View Post
    No problem 😁
    a-a-a-a-nd done! Thanks, RSVPiper!
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster, lover of God, people (most of them!) dogs, joy, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, dreamer, traditionalist, bon-vivant, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Sinclair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had this book for years. It is a well-researched and written presentation with lots of good illustrations. It is an essential volume in my library with regard to 18th c. Highland dress and history. I think that you'll really enjoy it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tip, I’ve read Bonnie Prince Charlie~Fitzroy Maclean, though it’s been 20 years. I just tracked down a copy of ‘Highlanders’ looking forward to adding it to my small but ever growing library.
    Last edited by Me cousin Jack; 22nd May 18 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Spelling and puncuation