X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website The Scottish Trading Company
Xmarks advertising information Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website Xmarks advertising information Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For casual dress I have several sgians including two Comrie Crafts products; arctic birch with a horn cap and a Roe deer antler, with crown. For dress up I have several but my favorite is a Comrie Crafts made sgian with bog oak handle, a Hebridean silver inlay and cap of horn.

Unfortunately Comrie Crafts is now closed and I am afraid the owner, Jim Young, may have left for Tir Nan Og. Jim was an excellent craftsman and a great gentleman. I had a long and profitable business relationship with him and found him to be extremely accommodating.

At some point I will post photos of my sgians.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if this one would be "proper" for formal wear or not. It is the only one that I have, I havent really found other handle styles that I like S5744.jpg
    Clan Mackay Society USA
    Vermont, Maine & Eastern MA Commissioner
    "Bratach Bhan Chlann Aoidh!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Black & silver. Fine!
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster, lover of God, people (most of them!) dogs, joy, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, dreamer, traditionalist, bon-vivant, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Sinclair.

4. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Father Bill For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky McFizzlenuts View Post
    Not sure if this one would be "proper" for formal wear or not. It is the only one that I have, I havent really found other handle styles that I like S5744.jpg
    I have one similar that a friend made for me as a wedding gift a couple of decades ago. A little bit unorthodox in some ways, but taken as a whole it looks fairly traditional. I will post some photos in a bit.

6. The Following User Says 'Aye' to fiddlefye For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12