X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And the wait begins....

Got the wife to agree to a pilgrimage up to USA Kilts once I got back from this latest short-term deployment. Got home yesterday and we visited Rocky's shop this morning. Had a very pleasant and educational conversation with Rocky as he patiently answered both my and my wife's many questions. Picked up a set of HOC claret hose, a new tan calf skin brogued sporran and belt and a Celtic shawl and pair of brooches for herself. Oh yeah, and I was also measured for and ordered one USAF PV Casual kilt as well as a 5yd wool kilt in 16oz MacDonald muted from Batley. And, as I said, nor the wait begins.

Don

2. The Following 8 Users say 'Aye' to Drwill4 For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like you took care of the essentials by treating your wife to items she could have now. The waiting, for things to come, is your reward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're a good bunch there! Funny, I've yet to actually get a chance to say hi to Rocky when I've stopped in, but the guys always get the job done.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And the wait begins

Right behind you. Just ordered an 8yd. MacLaren weathered 16oz from Rocky and friends.
    "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
    Grouch Marx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpmonkey View Post
    They're a good bunch there! Funny, I've yet to actually get a chance to say hi to Rocky when I've stopped in, but the guys always get the job done.
    Just got lucky... The other gentleman was helping another customer who was getting an entire ensemble for his son. It worked out very well for us as my wife, who's a quilter, peppered Rocky with all sorts of questions about stitching, stabilizers, pleat depths, differences between 8yd kilts and 5yd kilts, etc. I just happily soaked it all in. At least she'll know where the extra cost comes from when I eventually pull the trigger on an 8 yarder.

. Don

7. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Drwill4 For This Useful Post: