X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website The Scottish Trading Company
MacGregor and MacDuff Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The rule of thumb (BTW does anyone remember their history classes and remember where that phrase comes from?) when ironing or pressing is -

To use the temperature setting that is the lowest. So in the case of a Polyester and Wool blend use the Polyester setting on your iron. (about 300 F or 148C) or about the same as you would for Wool.

The Wool in the blend will do best with steam but the steam will have little effect on the Polyester.

I would press a poly/wool bend and not iron. I would use a dampened pressing cloth. And I would use lots of steam.
    Steve Ashton
    www.freedomkilts.com
    Skype (webcam enabled) thewizardofbc
    I wear the kilt because:
    Swish + Swagger = Swoon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About the question in my above post.

Rule of Thumb - At one time it was an English law that allowed a husband to beat his wife as long as the stick he used was no larger than his thumb.
    Steve Ashton
    www.freedomkilts.com
    Skype (webcam enabled) thewizardofbc
    I wear the kilt because:
    Swish + Swagger = Swoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of BC View Post
    The rule of thumb (BTW does anyone remember their history classes and remember where that phrase comes from?) when ironing or pressing is -

To use the temperature setting that is the lowest. So in the case of a Polyester and Wool blend use the Polyester setting on your iron. (about 300 F or 148C) or about the same as you would for Wool.

The Wool in the blend will do best with steam but the steam will have little effect on the Polyester.

I would press a poly/wool bend and not iron. I would use a dampened pressing cloth. And I would use lots of steam.
    Thank you, Sir! Information noted, & a copy stored with the kilt accessories.

Attempting to lighten up, a lousy day for "She....", I passed on the information regarding the Rule of Thumb. After 7.25 hours, she was attempting to take lunch (which lasted 8 minutes), & called me (tell you how bad her life is?). For fun, I explained the 'Rule', she rapidly replied with there was no restriction in law dictating what a wife may use on her husband. Followed with, do you want to learn where "Old Bat" came from? At the least, the eight minute break ended with laughter. Now, to go find the bloody thing & hide it, where she cant find it!
    "I can draw a mouse with a pencil, but I can't draw a pencil with a mouse"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234