X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

www.samuel-windsor.com

I received a very nice Tattersall shirt from this vendor and wanted to pass this information on. They have very good prices. The shirt is sized nicely, and very comfortable with a excellent price. They are having a sale right now with some excellent prices. I just ordered 2 more shirts from them on sale for 2 for $55.00.

www.samuel-windsor.com
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.' Benjamin Franklin

2. The Following 9 Users say 'Aye' to Richrail For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent prices and no collar buttons.

Thank you for the resource.
    Descendant of the Gillises and MacDonalds of North Morar.

4. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to FossilHunter For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks to have good prices on foot wear also. I wonder if the product stands up to other shoes I own and have worn for years?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
    Looks to have good prices on foot wear also. I wonder if the product stands up to other shoes I own and have worn for years?
    I haven't purchased any shoes from them yet, but I am intrigued that they are an "E" width and not the normal "D".
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.' Benjamin Franklin

Nomad is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used them for a number of years, sparingly. I personally wouldn't buy their shoes, I have found that the leather on the soles is substandard and wears out very quickly.
    Just to add some balance to my opinion, a neighbour told me that he has bought some of their shoes and they have been very good and long lasting, so perhaps they have resolved the quality issues, he has even had one pair resolved with no problems.

They do have some good deals and some of their stuff is of good quality for the price, but beware that most of their items are made abroad and whilst they are put together well enough the material used is not of the highest quality.

Hoggs of Fife also have a sale on at the moment I bought 3 of their shirts and the material is much nicer. Hogs chieftain tattershall shirts are the best I have seen and at £27.50 if you buy 2 are a good price, but not a shirt to be worn in temperatures above 16 centigrade unless you feel the cold ( I don't).
    Last edited by Nomad; 16th July 18 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Additional information added.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Hoggs of Fife also have a sale on at the moment I bought 3 of their shirts and the material is much nicer. Hogs chieftain tattershall shirts are the best I have seen and at £27.50 if you buy 2 are a good price, but not a shirt to be worn in temperatures above 16 centigrade unless you feel the cold ( I don't).
    I recently bought a Hoggs of Fife tattersall shirt from Scotweb. It is very nice- looking forward to an opportunity to wear it!

9. The Following User Says 'Aye' to KiltedSergeant For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info on these; I just purchased two of the tattersall shirts from Samuel Windsor. $27.50 US is a very good price (I did the 2-for-$55 special).

I've been shopping lately for more tattersall shirts, and it is incredibly frustrating. The going price seems to be $55 per shirt, and they're usually made from very thin material with the pattern just printed on. From what I see in the close-up photos of these shirts, they appear to be a thicker cotton material in a houndstooth weave, with dyed threads forming the pattern. I cannot stand shirts that are so thin that you can see right through them, so I'm hoping these are a bit more substantial.

The one thing I didn't particularly like about the options is that they only come in "dumb" sizes like small, medium, large, etc. I much prefer to be able to specify collar size, chest size, and sleeve length, to ensure a good fit. But I took a gamble on them, hoping they will fit well enough. If not, I'll send them back.

I may yet order a couple of the Hoggs of Fife shirts from Scotweb as well. They appear to be thicker material too, and the price is certainly attractive (currently $25 US per shirt based on the exchange rate to pounds).
    Last edited by Tobus; 3rd August 18 at 04:27 PM.

11. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Tobus For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Used SW for years; all of their kit is good quality. Just received 2 new wool waistcoats.
    Dduw Bendithia pob Celtiaid

13. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Blaidd For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My shirts came in today. Excellent quality, good fit, outstanding value! I'm happy. The collars are on the tall end, but otherwise they're perfect. My birthday is this month, so I may splurge and buy two more if the sale is still on.

15. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Tobus For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure what changed, but now when I try to order more shirts (which are still on sale), they want to charge me an additional $55 for overseas shipping, on top of the price of the shirts! It was less than $14 last week.

No thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast