X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And Now Facebook Says He's 83-years-old today

Sadly, nary a word as to his health or if he's even still with us. In spirit always. Hope someone knows something.

Ol' Macdonald himself, a proud son of Skye and Cape Breton Island
    Lifetime Member STA. Two time winner of Utilikiltarian of the Month.
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."

2. The Following 7 Users say 'Aye' to Riverkilt For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am afraid that I have heard nothing. I'd like to hope that the "Old Boy" is still fighting the good fight.
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

4. The Following 10 Users say 'Aye' to Jock Scot For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sent him birthday wishes via Facebook but have had no contact with him for some time.
    Regional Director for Scotland for Clan Cunningham International, and a Scottish Armiger.

6. The Following User Says 'Aye' to cessna152towser For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My experience is the same as Alex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just sent him a PM to check in. If he still frequents the site he will hopefully see it.
    The hielan' man he wears the kilt, even when it's snowin';
    He kens na where the wind comes frae, But he kens fine where its goin'.

9. The Following User Says 'Aye' to lschwartz For This Useful Post:

The downland village of Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom (50º 55' 15.42"N 0º 26' 13.44"W)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I am still here

Quote Originally Posted by lschwartz View Post
    I just sent him a PM to check in. If he still frequents the site he will hopefully see it.
    Hello everyone,

I am not sure that this is the correct space to write this but, if it is not, someone will re-post it to the correct location I dare say.

Yes, I am still alive but not kicking as well as once i did and, yes, I passed my 83rd birthday last week. Nowadays, I am able to spend only a very limited time with my MacBook and so several years ago I began to drop out of forums and like meeting places on line. I also severed all connections with Facebook since I found it to be an unreliable and dangerous place. It was because a friend told me that some members of XMTS have been enquiring about my well-being that I have now found a few minutes to write this.

Thank you to everyone who has asked after me and to those who sent birthday wishes by one means or another - all so very much appreciated.

Well, my friends, the last few years have been a bit of a struggle health-wise. It would be boring to go into detail but suffice it to say that I have given up driving, walk with a stick and can not stand for more than a minute or two. I am almost house-bound (but not quite); I have help in Bicknell Grange and can no longer do anything outside on the estate. However, and more to the point here on XMTS, I still wear the kilt daily and it is now 20 years since i last wore a pair of t------s. The Kilt Kollection remains intact at 102.

OK, I am now exhausted and need to attend to some minor medical matters. So, my Best Wishes to you all and my renewed thanks for remembering me.

Ham.
    [B][I][U]No. of Kilts[/U][/I][/B][I]:[/I] 102.[I] [B]"[U][B]Title[/B]"[/U][/B][/I]: Lord Hamish Bicknell, Laird of Lochaber / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Scottish Tartans Authority / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Royal Scottish Country Dance Society / [U][I][B]Member:[/B][/I][/U] The Ardbeg Committee / [I][B][U]My NEW Photo Album[/U]: [/B][/I][COLOR=purple]Sadly, and with great regret, it seems my extensive and comprehensive album may now have been lost forever![/COLOR]/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, HELLO!

Great to hear from you. There have been moments when we all wondered.

Be well and happy Hamish!

Father Bill+
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So good to hear from you, Hamish! I am sorry that aging is presenting such challenges to you, but hope that you still have joy....and glad you are wearing the kilt!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are loved sir. Keep on truckin' - KILTED!
    Ol' Macdonald himself, a proud son of Skye and Cape Breton Island
    Lifetime Member STA. Two time winner of Utilikiltarian of the Month.
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."

14. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Riverkilt For This Useful Post:

the desolate sandy wastes of Tucson, Sonora Desert, Baja Arizona, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's grand to hear from you, Hamish. Despite the difficulties you face, keep kickin', and keep kiltin'.

Slainte!
    - The Beertigger
    "The only one, since 1969."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast