X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

out visiting family, gettysburg

me (in my national park patch kilt)and the grandkids at he devil's den
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_5306a800.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	198.6 KB 
ID:	34439

Name:	DSC_5291a800.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	202.0 KB 
ID:	34440
    It's not a caber but we played with a big stick.

Name:	DSC_4210a800.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	107.7 KB 
ID:	34441

Name:	DSC_4227a800.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	229.8 KB 
ID:	34442

Name:	DSC_4294a800.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	383.2 KB 
ID:	34443
    Last edited by grizzbass; 22nd July 18 at 04:51 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users say 'Aye' to grizzbass For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW it's summer

and vacation time. Where are all the X markers with their kilted vacation pictures. nobody has posted pictures in quite a while. It's not only fashionable but helpful in an emergency. We were at the national zoo and my wife who didn't have her cell phone got separated so she just told staff there to look for a guy in a kilt and tell him where she was. A sure fire method to reunite it appears.
    Last edited by grizzbass; 22nd July 18 at 04:57 AM.

4. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to grizzbass For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzbass View Post
    Where are all the X markers with their kilted vacation pictures?
    Well I was in London and Dublin, no kilt! I pack too light and it's too much stuff for me to fuss with.

In a couple weeks I'll be back there in West Virginia and probably no kilt, for the same reason. But I'm thinking about taking my pipes, not sure what I'm going to do with them...

Last summer while in West Virginia I drove up to the Dublin (Ohio) Irish Festival, no kilt. It's just hard for me to justify taking up half my suitcase room with that stuff.
    Proud Mountaineer from the Highlands of West Virginia; son of the Revolution and Civil War; first Europeans on the Guyandotte

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Several years ago, we made the trip to Gettysburg. We bought the CD and did the guided road trip. The day was very misty and foggy. Standing on Little Round Top looking at the Devil's Den shrouded in mist gave one a very unsettling feeling. My wife, who knew very little of the history there felt the same thing.
    We moved over to the site of Pickett's Charge and the fog hadn't lifted. It wasn't hard to change fog to gunsmoke and expect a wall of troops headed across the field. Later, when the film ( I did say several years ago) was developed, I found we had stopped at the monument to the 3rd Michigan which was raised in Grand Rapids. Grand Rapids is the closest "big" city to me. Coincidence? Or just one more thing to add to the odd experiences of the day?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the times I've been there

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Rose View Post
    Several years ago, we made the trip to Gettysburg. We bought the CD and did the guided road trip. The day was very misty and foggy. Standing on Little Round Top looking at the Devil's Den shrouded in mist gave one a very unsettling feeling. My wife, who knew very little of the history there felt the same thing.
    We moved over to the site of Pickett's Charge and the fog hadn't lifted. It wasn't hard to change fog to gunsmoke and expect a wall of troops headed across the field. Later, when the film ( I did say several years ago) was developed, I found we had stopped at the monument to the 3rd Michigan which was raised in Grand Rapids. Grand Rapids is the closest "big" city to me. Coincidence? Or just one more thing to add to the odd experiences of the day?
    except for one trip in dead winter. Even in the bright sun of day there are places that do give one pause.
    Little big horn (about 10 years ago)was very much a place that "felt" different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been there numerous times, albeit, my focus has almost always been on the north side of the battlefield as my ancestor served there with the 74th PA. A truly amazing place to visit, walk, and my favorite time is to walk late in the evening or early in the morning. So many stories and so much that can catch your attention and refocus you into the terribly tragic events of those three days...