X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Threaded View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have two Ghillie Shirts, A black one and the other is white. I don't wear them often, the last time to the Scottish Festival here in Cambridge. To be honest, I didn't see anyone else wearing a Ghillie Shirt, but then again I was there to enjoy the Scottish Festival with my Sister and not see what everyone else was wearing, and thinking and wondering "If I was wearing my Kilt Attire worng. I personally don't see anything wrong with wearing a Ghillie Shirt, I believe they are also known as Jacobite Shirts. I would not wear one to a Highland Ball, or a Burn's Dinner, or to an Event for Saint Andrew's Day in November. But to a Highland Games or Scottish Festival, or if you are just "Roamin' in the Gloamn' with a Lassie by your side" is fine.

You have to do what makes you comfortable, and if wearing a Ghillie Shirt makes you feel good, then go for it. I respect the way Highland Dress should be worn, but I also think there is room for some experimentation when done tastefully. I personally do not like the look of a Kilt worn with Scrunched Socks in Army Boots with nothing more than a T-Shirt being worn. But this is my own personal taste, if someone who likes wearing the kilt this way and is happy with it, then more power to them.

Here is a photo taken of me in my Ghillie Shirt at the Clan Farquharson Tent at the Cambridge Scottish Festival, Saturday, 21 July, 2018. I personally think the Ghillie looks good with a Kilt when worn this way, and at the Scottish Festival I had the Lassies actually tell me they thought my Ghillie Shirt looked nice.

Just be yourself and do what makes Patrick Happy.. Life is too short to fret about what others think..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clan Farquharson Tent Cambridge 21 July 18.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	168.6 KB 
ID:	34688
    Bill...
    “Canadian Grown and Raised from Scottish Roots!”.....
    "Clan Farquharson, & Clan Fraser of Lovat"....

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Famous Willie For This Useful Post: