X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

36" waist kilt 40R waistcoat and Wallace jacket

I am window shopping for a size 34- 36" waist kilt that will fit in with my current wardrobe. I believe I actually wear a 21-22" length drop, but my current kilt is a 23". I just pull it higher up to my ribcage and get on with the show. I have several standard suits and trousers, but until now have only worn a utility style kilt at home and work. I'm looking to step into a wool tartan, but would also consider a synthetic option as well as I am a school teacher with an employer who compensates me well below what is deserved. I would like to wear my kilt to work when possible.

I am also shopping for a size 40R waistcoat and Wallace style jacket. I like wool and tweed quite a bit.

I have found a few items that are of interest on the Internet and on ebay, but I thought I would ask here first just to keep things in the family.

O.K., Rabble. Does anyone have anything that is appropriately sized that they would like to send to a new home?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to clarify, I'm not looking for a handout. Rather, I am inquiring about any used kilts for sale in a 34- 36 " waist with a 21 - 23" drop.

When I read my post, I felt like the wording suggested that I was looking for a handout. I do have hard earned cash to exchange for a kilt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 5 yard 16 oz wool Ireland's National from USA Kilts, fairly new, got it in February 2017 and have worn it about 10 times. I have outgrown the hip measurement, and I'll sell it if you're interested, $175 USD plus shipping (It retails new at $320). Measurements are 35 waist, 41 hip, and 23.5 length, so it is a bit longer than you requested. Let me know if you're interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm eyeballing a wool military kilt made in 1964 currently on Ebay. I have placed a bid, but dont want to work against any of you all in the auction. It looks like it would work for me. If the drop is too long, I would think that I could have it altered. I like other tartans better than the Blackwatch, but I would surely wear this kilt without a fuss.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1964-...392522793&du=1

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That kilt looks like a great find. I notice the dual prong buckles typical of military issue kilts.
    "We are all connected...to each other, biologically; to the earth, chemically; to the universe, atomically...and that makes me smile." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found another military kilt too, but don't know if I can squeeze into it. Does a 33" waist give me enough room? My hips are 33". It is my gut that is a 36.36 right at the belly button. The tartan seems more attractive on the Lovat Scouts kilt than the Black Watch. Either would be nice.
    Last edited by Curtis Bias; 11th August 18 at 09:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have some kilts for sale

I have 2 13oz100% wool kilts.and 2 acrylic kilts.the wool ones,Gordon is 35X18 the 35 is the smallest it go's.the spirit of Scotland is 34X18 34 is the smallest it's go's. Acrylic ones,grey watch is 38X22 1/2 on last hole. Wallace is 36X19 1/2 on last hole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found a jacket. Just looking for a new kilt.

For those of you who piped up on this thread, thanks for showing me what you have to offer.I really do appreciate you taking the time to post what you have available. While I like some of the kilts posted, I believe they are too short for me.

I just bought a jacket on Ebay. Now I just need a new kilt to go with it. I bought a green jacket for right at 18 U.S. dollars, and the shipping will cost me $33 from the U.K. . So right at $50. I think it is a fair price. I tried to post a photo, but can't figure out how to do that without frustration.

I'm looking at various Cameron tartans as I belong to the Martin Sept of said Clan. There is a very large group of us where I live. I particularly like the weathered and ancient variants. Looks like I'm driving deep into the realm of build your own or buy custom made.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elden View Post
    I have 2 13oz100% wool kilts.and 2 acrylic kilts.the wool ones,Gordon is 35X18 the 35 is the smallest it go's.the spirit of Scotland is 34X18 34 is the smallest it's go's. Acrylic ones,grey watch is 38X22 1/2 on last hole. Wallace is 36X19 1/2 on last hole
    What are you asking for the Gordon shipped to zip code 71118 in the US? 18 is a bit short for me, but I might be able to make it work. I am just concerned that it might sit too low on my hips.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast