X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jackson, Mississippi Highland Games and Celtic Festival

http://celticfestms.org/wp/

April 2019. Jackson, Mississippi

We attended this Highland Games and Celtic Festival this year and we will be going back again in 2019. The site is quite interesting. The event is held at an Aggriculture and Forestry Museum. The museum has old steam powered equipment like sawmills, steam powered farm equipment, animal powered sugar cane mills, a blacksmith shop, and livestock to include Highland coos and goats.There is live music, dancing, Whiskey tasting, vendors, food, etc.. The festival is enjoyable. I'm afraid that there are no pipe bands that attend, but I would love to see one show up. If I recall correctly, there are 3 stages with live music all day during this weekend event.

Come on down to Jackson, Mississippi for some Celtic flair and southern hospitality.

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Curtis Bias For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've missed the last two years due to work conflicts. I've got a reminder written now and hope to make it this coming year. I also hope our member Dusty makes his usual appearance. I'd like to meet some more of the XMark members. Bobby

4. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Tarheel For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I look forward to meeting you all there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was hoping to go this year as well, but we had a conflict. Maybe next year! I am on the mailing list and follow on Facebook.

7. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Roadkill For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Bias View Post
    http://celticfestms.org/wp/

April 2019. Jackson, Mississippi

We attended this Highland Games and Celtic Festival this year and we will be going back again in 2019. The site is quite interesting. The event is held at an Aggriculture and Forestry Museum. The museum has old steam powered equipment like sawmills, steam powered farm equipment, animal powered sugar cane mills, a blacksmith shop, and livestock to include Highland coos and goats.There is live music, dancing, Whiskey tasting, vendors, food, etc.. The festival is enjoyable. I'm afraid that there are no pipe bands that attend, but I would love to see one show up. If I recall correctly, there are 3 stages with live music all day during this weekend event.

Come on down to Jackson, Mississippi for some Celtic flair and southern hospitality.
    I was born and raised in Jackson but never knew there was a highland games event there. Perhaps next year. It's sounds like an awesome reason for me visit home for a few days.
    Is the Ag and Forestry Museum across the street from the Colosseum?
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with those poor wretched souls who know neither victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt
    "Today is your victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluethunder90 View Post
    IIs the Ag and Forestry Museum across the street from the Colosseum?
    Here is a map (thank you google).

You'll see Highway 55 running north to Memphis, Tennessee and south to New Orleans (for those folks that ain't from here). State highway 25 (also known as Lakeland Drive) is running east and west. Roll the car window down when you get close (on the day of the festival) and you'll smell the food and hear the pipes (so I've been told).

Hope you can make it.

10. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Tarheel For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is right across from the baseball stadium/ Coliseum. We park next to the Coliseum and walk about 50 yards into the event at the museum complex.
    Last edited by Curtis Bias; 11th August 18 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Double post. Moderator, please delete this post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is right across from the baseball stadium/ Coliseum. We park next to the Coliseum and walk about 50 yards into the event at the museum complex.

I haven't decided yet if I will be selling my pottery at the event because Inhave a load of shows to do leading up to this date. However, I will be there and hope to meet those of you who attend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
    Here is a map (thank you google).

You'll see Highway 55 running north to Memphis, Tennessee and south to New Orleans (for those folks that ain't from here). State highway 25 (also known as Lakeland Drive) is running east and west. Roll the car window down when you get close (on the day of the festival) and you'll smell the food and hear the pipes (so I've been told).

Hope you can make it.

Oh ok, I kow exactly where that is
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with those poor wretched souls who know neither victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt
    "Today is your victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi