X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PatrickHughes123 is offline Registration terminated at the member's request
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jock Scot View Post
    The trouble is that Sir Jackie Stewart is a Lowlander--------and it shows.
    See, interesting. What you've just said reminds me of something.

I'm a little offended at that statement Jock, considering I am a Lowlander, and the people I associate with are Lowland Scots. I speak the language of Lowland Scots, Scots. Jock, dinna fash yersel aboot Lallan Scots, ye ken nocht aboot oor wey o life.

Anyway, back to the point, it reminds me of the old feud that goes back to at least the time of Robert the Bruce. See when Scottish people weren't fighting English people, Scottish Lowlanders were fighting Scottish Highlanders. You're statement offends me, but I'm not going to lie, I've said some things about Highland people myself. Two that I can remember are "Highlanders are savages." and "Highlanders are mad.".

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickHughes123 View Post
    See, interesting. What you've just said reminds me of something.

I'm a little offended at that statement Jock, considering I am a Lowlander, and the people I associate with are Lowland Scots. I speak the language of Lowland Scots, Scots. Jock, dinna fash yersel aboot Lallan Scots, ye ken nocht aboot oor wey o life.

Anyway, back to the point, it reminds me of the old feud that goes back to at least the time of Robert the Bruce. See when Scottish people weren't fighting English people, Scottish Lowlanders were fighting Scottish Highlanders. You're statement offends me, but I'm not going to lie, I've said some things about Highland people myself. Two that I can remember are "Highlanders are savages." and "Highlanders are mad.".
    Sir Jackie Stewart is a Lowland Scot ---and it shows, is a unarguable fact. You are, by your own admission, a Lowland Scot ---and it
    shows, an unarguable fact. You are also not a Highland Scot---and yes it shows, another unarguable fact. Nothing that I have said, yet, could possibly cause offence.

Can I suggest that you go away and grow a thicker skin and whilst you are at it, you would do well to research proper Highland attire and not some comic version of it, such as you are at present, attempting pass off on this website as the real thing.
    Last edited by Jock Scot; 13th August 18 at 06:50 AM.
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

3. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Jock Scot For This Useful Post:

Victoria, BC Canada 48° 25' 47.31"N 123° 20' 4.59" W
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At some point, someone needs to step in and say - Enough is enough!

This thread has now been flagged twice under Rule #2 for rude and abusive language and attitude.

Thread moved to The Cooling Off Corner.
    Last edited by Steve Ashton; 13th August 18 at 10:55 AM.
    Steve Ashton
    Forum Owner

5. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Steve Ashton For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12