X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website The Scottish Trading Company
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hebrides: No Need for a Kilt Pin IF .....

I don't believe this one is geographically restricted as it is part of an internationally available podcast type thingy.

So apparently there was a story put out about an Island in the Hebrides where they weighted their kiltsndown with lead. CBC ran with it.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens...sode-1.4731078

The story is called 'Skirting the Truth' and is just better than half way down the page. In light of the recent discussions on what makes a kilt pin and whether they are necessary or useful I thought this rather timely and quite possibly a respite from all the serious pin talk.

Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The BBC has a tradition of April Fools pranks. I am reminded of the Spaghetti harvest. Many people who saw it fell for it, and 20 years after I met people who insisted it was true because they saw it on the BBC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Jones View Post
    The BBC has a tradition of April Fools pranks. I am reminded of the Spaghetti harvest. Many people who saw it fell for it, and 20 years after I met people who insisted it was true because they saw it on the BBC.
    You mean to say that the BBC would make up news!

4. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Iowish For This Useful Post: