X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kilted in Flandres

Greetings, all. I live in Lille, near the Belgian border - the rail hub between London, Paris, Brussels, and more, and thus easily accessible. I see that there are more than a few members here from France and Belgium. Would any of you be interested in arranging a kilt night, or coming to Lille for such? Here we could take over the O'Scotland bar, thereby terrorising the largely student population, or head further up the street to the Sherlock Holmes pub/restaurant where the staff inexplicably wear kilts (badly fitted, with white socks) and serve Irish or very standard local beer.

Or if you just want a little kilted company over a pint of fine regional ale at some point, either in Lille (where I also know some really fine pubs) or wherever you might be, let me know. I am always happy to have an excuse to don the kilt.
    Garrett

"Then help me for to kilt my clais..." Schir David Lindsay, Ane Satyre of the Thrie Estaitis

2. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to NewGuise For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Darn It!

That my friend, would be a grand idea! I am in Mons, but regrettably am literally packing boxes to leave next week. This is something I would have loved to join you for (I know well both establishments you mention..... Beer😉)
    I trust you find other takers!
    Dduw Bendithia pob Celtiaid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alas! But Lille remains utterly accessible by rail. If / when you have the chance to return to this side of the Channel, let me know.
    Garrett

"Then help me for to kilt my clais..." Schir David Lindsay, Ane Satyre of the Thrie Estaitis

5. The Following User Says 'Aye' to NewGuise For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For your information there is a kilt-gathering in Dublin on 12-14 October. This event will be attended by several (Europeanen) nationalities. Maybe an idea...
    With your back against the sea, the enemy can come only from three sides.

7. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to hector For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hector View Post
    Maybe an idea...
    A very fine idea. Unfortunately I have to be here that particular weekend. Otherwise I would happily go back to Dublin - I was there briefly just last week!
    Garrett

9. The Following User Says 'Aye' to NewGuise For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've spent much time near Huy (Liege) in the past and would have loved to join you had you decided to do this 10-20 years ago! Sadly, I no longer have reason to be in Huy. I will toast you and your kilted comrades, and the thought of you all enjoying a pint, the next time I have a pint while kilted!

11. The Following User Says 'Aye' to KiltedSergeant For This Useful Post: