X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website The Scottish Trading Company
Xmarks advertising information Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website Xmarks advertising information Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need Ladiess Tailor in the Washington DC/Virginia area

My wife has lost almost 40 lbs the past year. She is on a medical diet plan, and is doing great. However she has gone from a size 12 to a size 4/6 and none of her Scottish clothes fit her anymore. We are talking about a good amount of ladies mini kilts, hostess and mid length skirts. Can anybody here recommend a tailor in the Northern Virginia area that has experience with Scottish clothing? Thank you.
    Allan Collin MacDonald III
    Grandfather - Clan Donald, MacDonald (Clanranald) /MacBride, Antigonish, NS, 1791
    Grandmother - Clan Chisholm of Strathglass, West River, Antigonish, 1803
    Scottish Roots: Knoidart, Inverness, Scotland, then to Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't help with a tailor, but wanted to say, "Well Done" to your wife. A few years back, my SWMBO, got the bit in her teeth & lost lots. From watching, I know the more she received positive support, comments, compliments, et cetera, the more determined she became.
    "I can draw a mouse with a pencil, but I can't draw a pencil with a mouse"

3. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Baeau For This Useful Post: