X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On To Richmond - Central VA Celtic Festival ,Richmond October 27/28?

OK fellow kilters, who plans to attend the Central Virginia Celtic Festival, Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th, October, Richmond, VA

http://vacelticfestival.com/

Get your tickets now...

Went last year, and we really enjoyed our day, to the point we plan to spend two days there, although long drive back and forth to Northern Va, we feel it is work it. Very excited because this time of year in Richmond the weather is normally nice, not so hot, and hopefully, no rain, but bright sunny fall days. I enjoy the "Irish Coffee" that is available, visited that booth twice last year. Not as big as the VA Scottish Games, but so many events going on, keeps you busy. Long list of Clans plan to attend, and a very long list of Vendors..... Hope to see you there, will have the camera and take photos, maybe this time I can make the HAMISH if we have one down there. Sorry for missing last one, Clan Donald had me very busy. CHEERS.....
    Allan Collin MacDonald III
    Grandfather - Clan Donald, MacDonald (Clanranald) /MacBride, Antigonish, NS, 1791
    Grandmother - Clan Chisholm of Strathglass, West River, Antigonish, 1803
    Scottish Roots: Knoidart, Inverness, Scotland, then to Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada.

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to CollinMacD For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope to have my TRiumph SPITfire in the British Car Show, Sunday. No longer convene my clan tent there due to the lack of response of kin. I was rained out last year in attending, not wanting to get my baby muddy. Fingers crossed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170806_132132-1.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	158.5 KB 
ID:	35129
    Last edited by Mael Coluim; 12th September 18 at 03:58 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will be looking for you and car....safe motoring.
    Grandfather - Clan Donald, MacDonald (Clanranald) /MacBride, Antigonish, NS, 1791
    Scottish Roots: Knoidart, Inverness, Scotland, then to Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada.

5. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to CollinMacD For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be up visiting my brother in Stuart's Draft and we plan on coming on Saturday. Other than the games in Glasgow when I was but a toddler, I've only been to the Stone Mountain Games.
    Craig Jones
    ---
    It’s a lang road that’s no goat a turnin

7. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Creag For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm planning on being there Saturday as well. Hope to see meet up sometime. pm me if able.
    Chris
    If you are going to do it clothed, do it in a kilt!

.sig shamelessly adapted from tpa

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weather is cooperating, should be just like the Highlands. Cold rain expected on Saturday, partial clearing Sunday and cool periodic showers. Could we ask for anything more, a try Highland setting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My family and I are looking forward to attending on Saturday. Hoping the rain ends early so we can enjoy the day.

11. The Following User Says 'Aye' to starrelectrician For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So glad the Irish were involved with the Richmond Celtic Festival, as the "Luck of the Irish" prevailed. No RAIN on Saturday, all rain happened on Friday Evening. It was overcast, with just a wee bit of mist once in a great while only for a few minutes. However by mid-afternoon the sun was out, and it was Partly Cloudy, and Sunday was perfect, with a little cool breeze, but perfect.

The event was very exceptional this year, the pipe bands were spectacular, and sounded great, and looked great. A lot of vendors, of every description, and of course the Irish Coffee was served to take the chill out. Entertainment was constant one and another of all types and they sounded great.

I am very excited about this years event, took many PHOTOs and will post once I get a chance to download them. Met many friends, and our clan gathered at a local pub on Saturday, having a wonderful time breaking bread and toasting over and over.....

Great event.