X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool New Kilts! Mackintosh 5 yd wool and Hunting Steward casual

My new kilts arrived yesterday. Look great and worth the wait! Well...the wait is tough. These shipped from Pennsylvania on September 15th and arrived in California on the 17th before 5pm. Can't beat that!

The two area a Mackintosh red, 16oz Locharron 5 yard and a casual in Hunting Stewart PV. Wore the casual last night and put the Mac on today right out of the box for some quick photos. Excuse the "askew-ness". Also, I didn't expect the casual to have basting, but the wool kilt didn't either. Not a big deal, but looks like one pleat is out of whack. Easy enough to fix.

Here they are with the Clan Mackintosh shirts.

And quickly dressed in tattersall shirt, hose (these are charcoal, just look black), and brogues with the funky sporran.

Now for an updated sporran ...and maybe a new color hose...
    Last edited by California Highlander; 18th September 18 at 03:56 PM.

Clan Mackintosh North America / Clan Chattan Association
    Cormack, McIntosh, Gow, Finlayson, Farquar, Waters, Swanson, Ross, Oag, Gilbert, Munro, Turnbough,
    McElroy, McCoy, Mackay, Henderson, Ivester, Castles, Copeland, MacQueen, McCumber, Matheson, Burns,
    Wilson, Campbell, Bartlett, Munro - a few of the ancestral names, mainly from the North-east of Scotland

2. The Following 10 Users say 'Aye' to California Highlander For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New kilts

Very nice, but you're not helping my jonesing...............I have two on order from USA as well. The first I hope to see early next month, the second in January, (due to Locharron, not USA.)
    Enjoy!

David
    "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
    Grouch Marx