X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website The Scottish Trading Company
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 41Gunn View Post
    And thanks to you and all, I am starting to look at my kilt as less a special occasion garment and more of every day attire. I will report true success when I wear it to the home depot (big box store)
    I wear mine every chance I get including Lowe's, which always gets good reaction, but it's like that everywhere. I wore a kilt to play golf over the weekend, and got many reactions (all good). My game sucked more than an ISIS fighter at a petting zoo, but I looked damn good!
    Never run or do jumping jacks while wearing a heavy sporran
    "500 years before Christ was born, a highlander stepped on the bloated carcass of a sheep and the bagpipes were born"
    Stabo (I shall stand)

2. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to The TALL TN Scot For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I've had my kilt the only days I've had to get out and wear it it's been in the 90s and like 90% humidity here in Missouri, but so much more comfortable and cooler than jeans. Definitely going to get more kilts. I've found that my utility kilt looks just fine with tshirts, and my kilt fits fine without a belt, but I did get a light weight utility belt that also looks good with just a t-shirt. Most of my short sleeve button up shirts are too long and loose fitting to look good tucked or untucked,but discovered one nice white button up short sleeve shirt that is just the right fit to look good with the kilt tucked in. The kilt socks I have are not real heavy but since I've just been going casual I just let my socks loosely scrunched up at the top of my boots, very comfortable that way. Looking on this forum and around the net I'm finding how you accessorize is more personal taste than tradition. Starting to get a little cold here now so probably time to pull the socks up and start figuring out coats and jackets.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123