X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2018 Stone Mountain Highland Games

I am quite looking forward to the games this year! Is anyone else planning on attending?

Oct 20-21 at Stone Mountain in Georgia. www.smhg.org

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Wareyin For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stone Mountain

My wife and I will be there both days. Looks like the weather may be great!
    "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
    Grouch Marx

4. The Following User Says 'Aye' to kiltedsawyer For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I plan on being there for a little while both days. I can't wait!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we will be there

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be there on Saturday. Usually we try to meet up around 1 or 2 at the Scottish Tartan Museum tent for a X-Marks group picture.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When the state ran the park, entrance was simple and efficient. Since privatization of management, there has been more confusion and much less
    efficiency. The last couple of years were particularly egregious, and many were waiting well beyond an hour in line at the park gate, meaning that
    although near the entrance by eleven, they didn't make it to the Museum tent before folk were gone. My suggestion would be two. Though the
    numerous complaints may have engendered a better set of protocols. Management did not respond well to advice from folk associated with the
    games and or experience with other events over past years.

As well, the former sit of the Museum is one of the best spots for a picture, but the museum's placement has been moved into the commercial vending
    area due to complaints from other merchants. Once again, greed triumphs over higher purpose. So. Where? It's new site? A clan tent? Saying
    where the old site was is like telling someone to turn left where Donnie Ray's barn used sit before lightning burned it. It was the high ground behind
    the parade field as you look from the main entrance. Thoughts?

As well, being totally underwhelmed by response, it appears that for this year there will be no gathering Friday night at the Celtic Tavern. Jim is out of
    town, and no one has emerged from the woodwork to join in.

9. The Following User Says 'Aye' to tripleblessed For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleblessed View Post
    When the state ran the park, entrance was simple and efficient. Since privatization of management, there has been more confusion and much less
    efficiency. The last couple of years were particularly egregious, and many were waiting well beyond an hour in line at the park gate, meaning that
    although near the entrance by eleven, they didn't make it to the Museum tent before folk were gone. My suggestion would be two. Though the
    numerous complaints may have engendered a better set of protocols. Management did not respond well to advice from folk associated with the
    games and or experience with other events over past years.

As well, the former sit of the Museum is one of the best spots for a picture, but the museum's placement has been moved into the commercial vending
    area due to complaints from other merchants. Once again, greed triumphs over higher purpose. So. Where? It's new site? A clan tent? Saying
    where the old site was is like telling someone to turn left where Donnie Ray's barn used sit before lightning burned it. It was the high ground behind
    the parade field as you look from the main entrance. Thoughts?

As well, being totally underwhelmed by response, it appears that for this year there will be no gathering Friday night at the Celtic Tavern. Jim is out of
    town, and no one has emerged from the woodwork to join in.
    I can certainly agree that the pay to park booths are managed horribly!
    2pm works for me (as long as I can finish up some Clan stuff our Regent is talking about). Now, where? I didn't know they moved the Museum tent! This is bound to cause confusion, as no doubt some folks will go to the new location and some to the old! I would say to meet at the new tent location, as any new people will not know where the old one was.

Sorry I can't make it out Friday. I do enjoy the Tavern, even if I only get out there once a year.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then let's say two pm at the Tartan Museum tent. Saturday and Sunday. May or may not be folk who only go one day but not the other.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018 stone mountain.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	368.0 KB 
ID:	35348

Tripleblessed and I were there! I'm wondering if we should make up some sort of X-Marks flag or sign next time so that people can know who they are looking for. It was quite busy, and if you don't recognize me, then you don't know that I'm standing there to meet fellow X-Marks members.

13. The Following 6 Users say 'Aye' to Wareyin For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was there, sorry i missed you. it was another wonderful SMHG !!!

15. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to rebelrouser For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast