X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Threaded View

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interaction with the public

Here is a photo from a few years ago. I am among thousands of folks attending a pre-game (aka. tailgating) American football contest. I was then and am still, the only one wearing a kilt to this event. I try to look my best because I also present the Model A Ford (dedicated to the spirit of the local University) shown in the second photo. I have observed that the car draws attention more than I do. People aren't as ready and willing to approach me when I am in my kilt without the car.

However, once engaged, people are quick to ask questions. Other times I have worn my kilt (parties, award dinners, etc) I am met with pleasant nods and smiles (unless I meet someone that knows me and understands my love for extended conversation).

I have the mindset that I am the same person either kilted today, work outfit tomorrow, bathing suit at the lake or nude in the shower (during my awful singing rehearsals). I stand a bit taller and feel the uniqueness of my attire when kilted and enjoy the sensation, wishing everyone could feel that way.

Feel free to post you're thoughts and observations on direct public interactions while you were kilted.

2. The Following 8 Users say 'Aye' to Tarheel For This Useful Post: