X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    From Michigan, USA. Currently in Lancashire, UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scottish Wildcat Tartan

I have been looking at this tartan and wondered if anyone else is considering a kilt in this tartan. I am considering putting my name in for a kilt length, but currently there is only a requirement for 35 meters. Apparently an order for 50-60 meters is required for it to be woven. I guess I am just trying to see what interest might be out there.

I was also wondering how many kilts in this tartan are already out there.

Thanks for any replies.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its a super tartan! All credit must go to the instigator of the idea Alan H (a member here) and McMurdo (a member) who put the design together. Generally I am not a fan of yet more tartan designs being woven, but in this case, its for a deserving cause and whats more the design works and works really well!

I was offered a chance to have a kilt made from the original cloth(I was very kindly sent a small piece, in fact its by me as I type) and it very nearly tempted me-----it still does-----but in truth, my Clan tartan is the only one I will wear. If you haven't got any serious Clan ties, then this tartan is well worth a serious thought.
    Last edited by Jock Scot; 8th May 18 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Cant spell.
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm having one made from the first weave right now and I'm absolutely pumped for it to arrive! I absolutely love this tartan. It might be a good idea for you to join the "Scottish Wildcat Tartan" group on facebook and see the details there to enter for the 4th weaving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jock Scot View Post
    Its a super tartan! All credit must go to the instigator of the idea Alan H (a member here) and macmurdo (a member) who put the design together. Generally I am not a fan of yet more tartan designs being woven, but in this case, its for a deserving cause and whats more the design works and works really well!

... it very nearly tempted me-----it still does-----but in truth, my Clan tartan is the only one I will wear. If you haven't got any serious Clan ties, then this tartan is well worth a serious thought.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Tulach Ard

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's nice to see that the tartan is still garnering interest, my advice would be to join the facebook group already mentioned and get on the wait list. By the way Jock thank you for the mention but it's spelled McMurdo, after my late uncle.

6. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to McMurdo For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might be interested. I will check out the Facebook page.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McMurdo View Post
    It's nice to see that the tartan is still garnering interest, my advice would be to join the facebook group already mentioned and get on the wait list. By the way Jock thank you for the mention but it's spelled McMurdo, after my late uncle.
    Oops terribly sorry, spelling is now corrected.
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

9. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Jock Scot For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jock Scot View Post
    Oops terribly sorry, spelling is now corrected.
    Thanks Jock.

Benning Boy is offline Membership Revoked for repeated rule violations.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McMurdo View Post
    I will never go on Face Book. If there is a new weave in the works I'd consider buying more, but only if it's listed here. Why retreat to Face Book and keep things secret from The Rabble?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By using the forum search you will find out all you have to know. I think we should leave it at that.

Here you'll find information on how to get on the wait list without using facebook:
    http://www.scottishwildcatgallery.com/Tartan.html

13. The Following 4 Users say 'Aye' to gealach For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast