X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Event - Scottish Hogmanay - Richmond, VA, (Hanover, VA) - Invitiation

Scottish Hogmanay

• A traditional Holiday celebrated by the Scottish on New Year's Eve - 31 December.

• During this big night, Scots mark the arrival of the new year with feast, drink and merry.

• The Hogmanay custom of singing "Auld Lang Syne" has become common practice in Scotland and all other countries of the world.

• Its origins reach back to the celebration of the winter solstice among the Vikings with wild parties in late December.

• In Edinburgh, the celebration ends with a massive display of fireworks, taking the place of the massive bonfires of the past.

• The word Hogmanay is thought to have first been used widely following Mary Queen of Scots' return to Scotland from France in 1561.

• The Hogmanay celebration in the Mid-East is organized by the St. Andrew’s Society of Richmond, as a Scottish Night Out, in the Richmond area.

The Hogmanay 2019 sponsored by St. Andrew’s Society of Richmond (SASR) will be honoring Clan Donald and Clan Ross by the SASR during their annual Hogmanay 2019 Celebration. As in the past, the long running annual event, is being held at the rustic and historic “Hanover Tavern”, Hanover, VA, on Saturday January 5, 2019., commencing at 6:00 PM, concluding at 10:00 PM.

Hogmanay Evening Specifics:
    • Scottish attire required: Semi-Formal or Formal, please.
    • Price for this event is $55.00 per person for the Evening. Ticket form is attached to this email. Please send me email or IM me and I will send you ticket form.......
    • Tickets ordered after the 31st of December will not be mailed to you. Tickets will be waiting for you at the door of the Hanover, Tavern.
    • If you forget or lose your tickets, your name will be registered, as a master list will be at the door.
    • A Silent Auction will be available, various selection of items.
    • Piping in of the Haggis and the Robert Burns “Address to the Haggis” will be performed.
    • Buffet Meal, selections will be from the menu of the Hanover House, selections to cover all tastes of palates.
    • Cash Bar.

Event Schedule:
    • Cocktail Hour: 6:00 -7:00 PM, Cash Bar, mix mingle, and socialize.
    • Buffet Dinner: 7:00 – 8:00 PM, Menu to be announce
    • 7:00 PM: Pipping in of the Haggis, formally starts the Hogmanay 2019 celebration.
    • Silent Auction: 6:00-9:00 PM, various items to bid on,
    • Après, Dinner, bringing in the Hogmanay 2019, socializing, 8:00 – 10:00 PM
    • Celebration concludes at 10:00 PM

We have limited number of seats, and these tickets sell rather quickly, if you are interested send me IM or Private Email and I will send you back the Ticket Order Form.....consider this event, think you will like it. CHEERS.
    Last edited by CollinMacD; 21st November 18 at 06:41 AM.
    Allan Collin MacDonald III
    Grandfather - Clan Donald, MacDonald (Clanranald) /MacBride, Antigonish, NS, 1791
    Grandmother - Clan Chisholm of Strathglass, West River, Antigonish, 1803
    Scottish Roots: Knoidart, Inverness, Scotland, then to Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada.