X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[PHOTOS} Annual St. Andrew's Tartan Ball, Washington DC

I have always wanted to attend the wonderful event, and was able to do it this year. My wife and I have been planning this for at least two years, finally we were able to attend. One of the most rememberable events I have ever attended. The Tartan Ball took place in the Willard Hotel, Washington DC. 11 November from 7:00 to midnight. A nice touch was poppies were provided to all members at the registration table, in remembrance of the 100th Anniversary of Armistice, later Amazing Grace was performed by the lone piper, and a prayer was offered. The Tartan Ball had a silent auction of some wonderful items for Charity, and Scholarships. I bid on a reproduction of a Murdock Pistol (no firing), and just went beyond what I could have afforded. We had a fairly good dinner, open bar, and a night of meeting new and interesting people. Thought I would share some photos of the event. The St. Andrew's of DC, Color Guard, and Pipe Band performed, with a troop of Scottish Dancers. It was a great evening. The very next day, I had to get up at 6:30 AM for the Remembrance of the WWII Monument in Washington, as part of the Scottish American Military Society, Post 2. Photos in different post for that event. Hope you enjoy the photos.

Arrival at the Ball, Wearing the MacDonald of the Isles (Modern, Red)

Registration Table

Reception and Silent Auction

[img]https://i.imgur.com/Ymyw8Q1h.jpg[/img

Rest of the Evening Activities:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/9BolmzBh.jpg[/img

Highland Dancing

Finally my Lovely Wife.

Together

Thank you for looking, hope you enjoyed them.
    Allan Collin MacDonald III
    Grandfather - Clan Donald, MacDonald (Clanranald) /MacBride, Antigonish, NS, 1791
    Grandmother - Clan Chisholm of Strathglass, West River, Antigonish, 1803
    Scottish Roots: Knoidart, Inverness, Scotland, then to Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great pics! I would love to attend this if we are sent back to DC.
    Garrai Eoin!! - Garryowen!

Chris
    "Trooper, look at the Master Parachutist's Badge on my chest. Do I look like a tanker to you?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the pics and thanks for your service.
    South African military veteran. Great grandson of Captain William Henry Stevenson of the Highland Light Infantry, Scotland (1880's) and brother to Infantryman Peter Mark Schumann of the 2nd Transvaal Scottish, South Africa (1980's).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a wonderful set of photos. You both look great and it looks like an excellent event, thank you for sharing it with us.

5. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to McMurdo For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gorgeous set of photos of a wonderful event. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Collin,

I'm the Tartan Ball chairman for the St. Andrew's Society of Washington, D.C. and I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to say hello to you and your wife. I'm so glad you both were able to attend.

Your pictures are amazing and you captured some really nice angles from the event. Would it be OK if I used them with the many other shots that were taken during the event? I plan to add pictures of the Ball to either our webpage or facebook page, as both an historical account and advertisement for next year's event (which I hope you'll be able to attend!)

Thanks again and you both looked great!

Take care,
    Chris Humphreys
    2018/2019 Tartan Ball Chairman
    St. Andrew's Society of Washington, D.C
    Last edited by ChrisClanBell; 15th November 18 at 07:33 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well met and welcome Mr. Humphreys. I'm glad you've joined our group and hope you have many more years of service presenting the public with insight into Scottish heritage. We appreciate Collin and his contributions here. Many of us have learned and honed our skills in all things kilted through his posts. Thank you for recognizing his abilities.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisClanBell View Post
    Hi Collin,

I'm the Tartan Ball chairman for the St. Andrew's Society of Washington, D.C. and I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to say hello to you and your wife. I'm so glad you both were able to attend.

Your pictures are amazing and you captured some really nice angles from the event. Would it be OK if I used them with the many other shots that were taken during the event? I plan to add pictures of the Ball to either our webpage or facebook page, as both an historical account and advertisement for next year's event (which I hope you'll be able to attend!)

Thanks again and you both looked great!

Take care,
    Chris Humphreys
    2018/2019 Tartan Ball Chairman
    St. Andrew's Society of Washington, D.C

By all means as long as I get the photo credits. I am an active member of St, Andrew's of DC and plan to go to the event at Falls Church, are you going? My wife and I plan to attend this Sunday.. I have many more photos that I am will to share.

PM me and we can discuss. My wife and I plan to attend next and and the Burn Night Out too, Pending my work schedule. We enjoy this organization so much. I hope you sneak a picture in on my wonderful wife, to me she was the "Belle of the Tartan Ball"

Cheers,

Collin
    Last edited by CollinMacD; 15th November 18 at 08:04 PM.
    Grandfather - Clan Donald, MacDonald (Clanranald) /MacBride, Antigonish, NS, 1791
    Scottish Roots: Knoidart, Inverness, Scotland, then to Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are a few more of the Tartan Ball, per request:

Hope you enjoy these too...CHEERS
    Last edited by CollinMacD; 15th November 18 at 10:35 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to CollinMacD For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally reached the end...CHEERS>

Last edited by CollinMacD; 15th November 18 at 10:39 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to CollinMacD For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast